uniqs
share rss forum feed

Kyawa
Premium
join:2006-01-26
Middletown, MD
reply to jmaninpgh

Re: [Wired] Slow wired speeds through WRT54GL V1.1

Yes, bridge mode is pass through. Unless you set up the Linksys as a switch (no DHCP), it defaults to a router. I can't understand by your post if you have done that.

jmaninpgh

join:2001-12-12
Allison Park, PA
Sorry for some confusion but this is an area that I am not too familiar with. I did nothing other than install the new modem and went through the Comcast online activation. I started doing speed tests and found the irregularities. Everything works very well but I was trying to understand why wired speed through the router is slower than a direct connection to the modem. The modem is an Arris TM822. I don't know if it is considered a router.

Kyawa
Premium
join:2006-01-26
Middletown, MD

1 edit
OK. I'll do some research. One first glance, it appears to be a VOIP modem. Are you running your phones through the modem as well? Lastly, there are 2 versions. Do you have the A/S or G model?

Edit to add: it looks like it is just a gateway so no configuration is necessary. Do you know enough to access the setup on the Linksys?

jmaninpgh

join:2001-12-12
Allison Park, PA

1 edit
I am not at home at the moment but I don't remember an A/S or G designation on the label. I can check that later today.

Yes it is a VOIP modem as I have their triple play option so everything goes through that modem.

Yes I can access the setup on the Linksys with no problem . . . when I am at home tonight. I was hoping there might be something in the configuration to change. As long as the modem is capable.

Edit: I just checked the modem and the actual model number is TM822G/CT.