Search similar:

uniqs

WEEDmon
El Loco
join:2007-04-26
Greenville, NC

WEEDmon

Suddenlink Home Phone Service question?

I just ordered Suddenlink Home Phone Service and was wondering if the cable/phone modem that they provide for it is Docsis 2, or 3? Also does it have downstream channel bonding? I ask, because I bought my own and use a Motorola D3 modem that has 4 downstream channel bonding and was wondering if the cable/phone modem that they provide has it also. Thanks!
HarryH3
Premium Member
join:2005-02-21

HarryH3

Premium Member

The Arris they installed here (Central Texas) last month is a DOCSIS 2. I already had a DOCSIS 3 Motorola (SB6121) but tried using internet through the Arris for a couple of days. I found it seemed to hesitate from time to time when downloading web pages. I don't see that hesitation with the SB6121.

moldypickle
Premium Member
join:2009-01-04
Haughton, LA

moldypickle

Premium Member

They are D2 mtas. If you are having line issues or if you have a higher speed package, they are splitting the line and using both a D3 for data and the mta for phone
HarryH3
Premium Member
join:2005-02-21

HarryH3

Premium Member

Already did that. Internet works much better now that I went back to using the Motorola modem. The Arris is phone-only now.

WEEDmon
El Loco
join:2007-04-26
Greenville, NC

WEEDmon

So does the Suddenlink Arris Docsis 2.0 modem they use have any channel bonding at all like my Motorola D3 modem does? My Motorola D3 modem has 4 downstream channel bonding and was wondering if the Arris D2 has 4 downstream channel bonding as well or it doesn't? Thanks!

moldypickle
Premium Member
join:2009-01-04
Haughton, LA

moldypickle

Premium Member

No, it doesn't. I don't even think channel bonding is in the D2 specs.