joetaxpayer
I'M Here Till Thursday
join:2001-09-07
Sudbury, MA
552.8 23.8

1 edit

joetaxpayer

[General] Share Everything Plan question

Is there any fine print to changing data levels with this plan?

Specifically, is there a fee to change during the month in addition to just paying the new level?
Can one change levels at any time?

»www.verizonwireless.com/ ··· witworks shows 4GB/$70 and every 2GB/mo increment is just $10, but it's $15/GB if billed as an overage.

I'm finding the right level of service for when we are home, and how much we use on a week away, and wondering if I'm able to flip back and forth to bump my service on the cycles containing vacation. (for the record, even the $15/GB doesn't seem a ripoff, but if I can plan around it and pay the $10 for 2GB instead, I'd like to do that)

VZWUser
@verizon.net

VZWUser

Anon

You can switch them each month without any fee through My Verizon. I would just set it so that it would occur at the beginning of your billing cycle to avoid partial charges.

joetaxpayer
I'M Here Till Thursday
Sudbury, MA

joetaxpayer

Much thanks. When I try it, if I have any glitches, I'll report back here. I guess my one concern would be that it's immediate. e.g. say my billing is the 1st-31st. If I make the change on the 2nd I want it for that month, not the next month.
applerule
Premium Member
join:2012-12-23
Northeast TN
(Software) pfSense
ARRIS SB6183
Asus RT-N66

applerule

Premium Member

I have changed the amount of data on my share plan several times. When you change the amount of data, it will ask you when you want it to take effect. If I recall, there are three options, a prorate from the current date, next billing cycle, or retroactively for the current billing cycle. If you choose the retroactive option it will allow you to up your allowance for the current month, which I have done successfully in the past. It also does not extend your contract. Hope this helps.

joetaxpayer
I'M Here Till Thursday
Sudbury, MA

joetaxpayer

Perfect, it's exactly how I hoped it would work.
decifal7
join:2007-03-10
Bon Aqua, TN

decifal7 to joetaxpayer

to joetaxpayer
Yeah, its pretty simple how it works thankfully...
licklog
join:2006-06-14
Sevierville, TN

licklog to joetaxpayer

to joetaxpayer
It works very well but just be aware that once you change it during the month the system locks you out of any other changes to your device until the next month. You need to contact Verizon to modify anything else. Nothing bad just a heads up.

joetaxpayer
I'M Here Till Thursday
Sudbury, MA
552.8 23.8

joetaxpayer

said by licklog:

It works very well but just be aware that once you change it during the month the system locks you out of any other changes to your device until the next month. You need to contact Verizon to modify anything else. Nothing bad just a heads up.

Good to know, thanks. My intent would be to bump it for a month that contains a travel week, and drop back to the old amount for the next cycle.