share rss forum feed

Octavean
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY
kudos:1
reply to boontonflyer

Re: [WHS] Can not get a WIN 8 client PC to restore on WHS Ver.1

There may be some odd bugs here and there that prevent connection to the WHS (v1 PP3) using the restore disc but the main issue when I had problems was simply that it needed to use 32bit drivers for the NIC.

64bit drivers likely won't work.

boontonflyer

join:2004-07-05
Ringoes, NJ
Reviews:
·Comcast
Also have the 32 bit driver for the NIC on the flash drive with the other drivers . That "restore client " disk and that flash drive works on another 64 bit HP computer on the same network. I had also used those same two devices (restore disk and flash drive) previously on the "problem computer" when it had WIN 7 64 bit loaded on it.
Thanks for the response.

Paul

boontonflyer

Ringoes, NJ
Reviews:
·Comcast
Was not able to get the "PC Client Restore" mode to work but did manage to download an ISO and re-image the laptop to WIN 7. When I re-imaged the laptop WHS listed it as a "new PC client" . That gave me the ability to restore folders from the prior "PC client " to the current.

This salvaged a lot of work on programs like "Google Picasa" where I had catalogged / facial recognition on ~~ 35,000 images.

Paul

boontonflyer

Ringoes, NJ
Reviews:
·Comcast
Finally was able to resolve this problem . Can now "restore" all three PC's. Problem apparently was that changes/updates in Windows 7 had caused incompatibility between WHS "PC Restore CD" and Realtek Network Driver in PC's. Couldn't find a workable driver from HP or Realtek. Finally found one (32 bit and 64 bit combination) through a Lenovo site that worked.

Paul