spc
uniqs

uvuser123
@sbcglobal.net

uvuser123 to Nuckfuts

Anon

to Nuckfuts

Re: How Long does a Vrad Install take

When att does flip the switch on the new vrad will they have to send me a new vdsl modem or will they just leave my old adsl2+ modem. ( The Nvg510 ). Also they currently have a generator hooked up to the vrad. does this mean they don't have permanent power to it yet. I am very impatient to get faster speeds I check the att site every day.

Darknessfall
Premium Member
join:2012-08-17
Motorola MG8725
Asus RT-N66

Darknessfall

Premium Member

said by uvuser123:

When att does flip the switch on the new vrad will they have to send me a new vdsl modem or will they just leave my old adsl2+ modem. ( The Nvg510 ). Also they currently have a generator hooked up to the vrad. does this mean they don't have permanent power to it yet. I am very impatient to get faster speeds I check the att site every day.

If you got VDSL you would receive the 2wire 3600 if you got internet without TV. You would get either the 3800 or 3801 with the order of TV service. Sometimes in a random while some internet only customers got a 3800 or 3801. Orrrr if you're far enough that you need an INID you would get the INID as your modem and the 2wire i38hg as a switch/AP.

Nuckfuts
Premium Member
join:2003-10-18
Joliet, IL

Nuckfuts to uvuser123

Premium Member

to uvuser123
said by uvuser123:

You will see a box with an electric meter on it when it is on it's own power. Well, that's how I see them out here and just because the power is done does not mean it is ready. They have to get the VRAD connected to the crossbox also to supply the area.

ILpt4U
Premium Member
join:2006-11-12
Saint Louis, MO
ARRIS TM822
Asus RT-N66

ILpt4U to uvuser123

Premium Member

to uvuser123
Most VRADs are for VDSL2 U-Verse, which would require a new modem (2Wire/Pace 3600/3800/3801/i3812 or Moto 2310).
I have seen ADSL2+ VRADs (much more rare), which you would keep using the IPDSLAM ADSL2+ modem (Moto NVG510 or black 2210, or black/gray 2Wire/Pace 2701)