spc
Search similar:

uniqs

abind
@mycingular.net

abind

Anon

[Connectivity] linksys cm100 stopped working

My internet stopped working and I cant figure out why.

If I power cycle, the lan and power lights come on, and then one by one the ds, us and online links flash for a little while then go solid. Immediately after the online one stops flashing, all lights except power go out.

The status page says everything is operational. Downstream power and snr are 3dbmv and 39db, and upstream powrr is 44 dbmv.

Comcast phone support was generally unhelpful, and thinks the modem is dead. I couldnt find cisco's phone to try calling them, and their online documentation doesnt say anything about all of the lights going off. Anyone have any ideas, and failing that, recommendations for a new modem?

Thanks!
rody_44
Premium Member
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA

rody_44

Premium Member

Not sure but im thinking that sequence of lights had something to do with downloading firmware. But i doubt comcast even has the firmware available for that model .

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad to abind

MVM

to abind
The symptoms you describe sound just like those in this post from 2 years ago: »[Connectivity] CM100 stopped working, DPC2100R2 works - what hap

Since the CM100 is an old DOCSIS 2.0 model, it may be time anyway to replace it with a newer 3.0 one. The Zoom 5341J is a popular and highly recommended modem on this forum, but you can read about some other ones in this previous thread: »sb6141, sb6180, zoom5341, dpc3010

Mike Wolf
join:2009-05-24
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf to rody_44

to rody_44
According to the manual:

Power (Green) The Power LED lights up when the Cable Modem is powered on. It is solidly lit after the self-test.

DS (Green) The DS (Downstream) LED lights up and flashes when the Cable Modem is trying to lock on a downstream signal. The LED is solidly lit when it is locked on the signal.

US (Green) The US (Upstream) LED lights up and flashes when the Cable Modem is trying to lock on an upstream signal. The LED is solidly lit when it is locked on the signal.

Online (Green) The Online LED flashes when the Cable Modem is establishing a connection to your cable ISP. It is solidly lit when the Cable Modem is synchronized with your cable ISP.

Link (Green) The Link LED lights up when the Cable Modem is connected to your computer or network through the Ethernet or USB port. It flashes when there is activity on the Ethernet or USB port.

NOTE: If the DS, US, and Online LEDs are flashing, the Cable Modem is performing a self-test.
Mike Wolf

Mike Wolf to abind

to abind
Something might help »homesupport.cisco.com/en ··· ys/CM100
hardly
Premium Member
join:2004-02-10
USA

hardly to abind

Premium Member

to abind
Have you tried a reset?

beachintech
There's sand in my tool bag
Premium Member
join:2008-01-06

beachintech to abind

Premium Member

to abind
Your modem was EOL'd years ago if I remember correctly. They should have sent you a notice some time ago that it was no longer going to be supported on the network.

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

said by beachintech:

Your modem was EOL'd years ago if I remember correctly.

The Linksys CM100 is still on Comcast's Approved DOCSIS Devices list (»mydeviceinfo.comcast.net/) and while it's an older D2 model, the Device Details page on it shows that it's not at EOL yet: »mydeviceinfo.comcast.net ··· devid=49

beachintech
There's sand in my tool bag
Premium Member
join:2008-01-06

beachintech

Premium Member

Not the model I was thinking of after seeing that picture. Still a crappy modem.