To The Moon
Premium Member
join:2008-08-03
San Antonio, TX

Duramax08 to swiveled

Premium Member

to swiveled

Re: [help] AT&T will not offer DSL service to "Grandfathere

You must be on the edge of getting DSL. Theres a guy here at work that has really crappy dsl service from AT&T. AT&T said there was nothing they could do other then cancel his services. Really what AT&T meant was that they are too cheap to keep their infrastructure maintained. Dont listen to any of those CSR's, they are liars that just want to keep you as a customer as long as they can. They told me DSL will be coming down my road in the near future. That was like 10 years ago........

anyways, you already said you contacted people in the AT&T direct forum, hopefully david will be able to help you out but let me tell you this now, dont hold your breath. AT&T is too damn cheap to upgrade their aging copper lines. If anything I would start looking into wireless. Millenicom is pretty good.

Good luck.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS

MVM

said by Duramax08:

AT&T is too damn cheap to upgrade their aging copper lines. If anything I would start looking into wireless.

Probably true for the rural fringe (no AT&T DSL, that I can tell, in my old west Placer County haunts). But relatively dense suburban territory, with U-verse offered, may be another story. AT&T deployed a spanking new F2 span in my mother's 48-year-old neighborhood just about four years ago. So that is a "YMMV" statement.