how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

orangegecko

join:2005-01-12
Clay, NY
reply to Racerbob

Re: OK, we are slow again...on Extreme !

I have been noticing slowness at night on youtube. I have used the link »www.youtube.com/my_speed to see my speed and run the video near the bottom at the lowest resolution to test and it continuously buffers...

Anyone else experiencing slow youtube? It seems like they are throttling it or something because I can download from other sites fast (video and files). I have had other people who have FIOS and Blink internet try this and they don't have any downloading issues at the max video quality... I am in Syracuse, NY

Anyone else notice this?

Dampier
Phillip M Dampier

join:2003-03-23
Rochester, NY
said by orangegecko:

I have been noticing slowness at night on youtube. I have used the link »www.youtube.com/my_speed to see my speed and run the video near the bottom at the lowest resolution to test and it continuously buffers...

Anyone else experiencing slow youtube? It seems like they are throttling it or something because I can download from other sites fast (video and files). I have had other people who have FIOS and Blink internet try this and they don't have any downloading issues at the max video quality... I am in Syracuse, NY

Anyone else notice this?

YouTube is always a problem. Some of their videos are on servers with notoriously lousy performance in the evenings and you have to wait and wait and wait. But other videos will load quickly. This has been going on for years.

In Brighton, I have not noticed any significant issues, but I do see slowdowns when I am out on the west side in Spencerport/Gates.
--
Phillip M. Dampier
Editor, Stop the Cap!
»stopthecap.com