Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium
join:2000-08-05
Mentor, OH
kudos:1
reply to Simon1988

Re: Help with locked account.

When my account was hijacked, I called customer support. I had to wait nearly 2 hours, on hold. After the customer rep answered the phone, she asked me to verify a few things.
Address, email address, a few of my toons names, what server they were on.

I can't recall if they asked for credit card number, which wouldn't have worked as I use game time cards.

But after jumping through the hoops, I regained control of my account. I then requested an authenticator. Since then, my account has been fine.

Also, change the email address associated with the wow account. If it's a yahoo email, switch to google, or visa versa. I still get "security" alerts from blizzard at my yahoo account. I just ignore them, as they are phising attempts.
--
Is a person a failure for doing nothing? Or is he a failure for trying, and not succeeding at what he is attempting to do? What did you fail at today?.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
kudos:5
said by Snakeoil:

But after jumping through the hoops, I regained control of my account. I then requested an authenticator. Since then, my account has been fine.

This happened to me too, best investment I could have made, I thought it was going to be a lot more expensive to ship here but it wasn't bad at all, I ordered two of them to have a new one available when needed.
--
Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword.