Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Cptbeatstix

join:2011-12-21
Carrollton, TX
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

Warlock Chaos Bolt nerf needed. (Not a grief thread.)

Now, I know how this spell work. But, getting hit around 350k in a battleground with the contender/dreadful gear should at least reduce that more. I'm more sided with it being pvp power, but maybe just a slight reduction on damage. I honestly side with pvp power having a reduction than actually adjusting chaos bolt damage. Just find it ridiculous that this lock hit me a total of four times around the same damage. No, I did not have curse of elements nor was reckless up. He also was half dreadful, half normal heroic gear gemmed almost straight pvp power. Now if I got close to him, he was done. One shot macro combined with Taste for Blood Proc = 360k damage in about 3 seconds.

I'm not mad about it at all, but it seems that blizz needs to look at adjusting the way pvp power affects dmg and what not so it is not stacked like a mad man.

Gan

join:2009-04-10
Taiwan

I was beating on this holy pally forever during a BG to no avail (kept self healing when targeted), when I see a green ball come and bring his health from about 75% to dead in 1 shot. Turns out it was a chaos bolt. Got me curios enough to armory the lock, and yeah, turns out he was "only" in contender/dreadful gear. Wonder what it'd be like to spell reflect one of those things back at them?

Suniojii

join:2009-10-31
Lakeside, CA
reply to Cptbeatstix

said by Cptbeatstix:

350k in a battleground
360k damage in about 3 seconds.

You want someone else to not be able to do 350k in 3 seconds, but it's ok if you do?

Miscer

join:2010-01-28
Fountain, CO

With as many CC's that are in the game, it's completely avoidable. Seriously though, if I see a destro lock on the other team I set my focus wind shear to him before the BG starts.

Eumaeus

join:2009-12-10
Yorktown, VA
reply to Cptbeatstix

Chaos bolt is a very, very long and easily interruptable cast. You aren't designed to soak chaos bolt crits. In competetive pvp it should be moderately challenging to reliably get off chaos bolt casts.

Even if you are going to take a CB hit, so long as you see it coming that's what your defensive CD's are for. They shouldn't be getting multiple casts off.

Battlegrounds are inherently chaotic. I don't feel as though they should balance skills around battleground zergs, really.

But like you said, you're able to do similar damage in 3 seconds and CB is what a 4s base cast time? Sounds comparable if not better for you since CB is a single long-cast ability that could easily be interrupted or LoS'd.
--
Eumaeus, Guardian/Balance Druid
GM - Lux ex Tenebris - Sargeras | Alliance
[6/6] MSV [4/6] HoF

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom

join:2009-10-13
Lincoln, NE
kudos:12
reply to Cptbeatstix

As I've said in other threads if you can't interrupt or CC the Warlock within the three second window it takes to cast CB you deserve to eat the crit.
--
Lore Nerd. Role Player. Raid Leader. Healing Priest. Slightly Annoying. Also Likes Kittens.

Cptbeatstix

Carrollton, TX
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Cptbeatstix

Arena is a completely different issue. I realize I wasn't very clear on this, lack of sleep and nicotine lately has affected my brain.....a lot.
Obviously I can't try to peel and control everything in a BG. It's just almost impossible unless it's a premade. But my burst is under controlled circumstances. As long as someone isn't there to disarm me.
I guess I had a special circumstance because this locks Chaos Bolt cast seem to be around the 2 second cast time. It is a bit ridiculous, but better than dealing with a BM hunter or resto druid. Assholes don't die.....

Suniojii

Lakeside, CA
reply to Cptbeatstix

Most warriors just spell reflect my chaos bolts back in my face. Maybe you can find one of them and ask them their sekret trix?

BlitzenZeus
Burnt Out Cynic
Premium
join:2000-01-13
kudos:3
reply to Cptbeatstix

Conflag then chaos bolt, their conflag can only have two charges at a time, and slowly recharges. Their secondary resource that chaos bolt requires to even be cast run out very quickly, and even goes away if they are just standing around. They cannot just stand there casting it all day, and it far from a one shot like you can.

From a dead start they can cast one chaos bolt, and two conflags, past this they have less impressive filler spells which must recharge their secondary resource.

With the exceptions of some cds, they are glass cannons, and we all know fear is an unreliable method for cc in pvp.
--
I distrust those people who know so well what god wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires- Susan B. Anthony
Yesterday we obeyed kings, and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to the truth- Kahlil G.

Eumaeus

Yorktown, VA
reply to Cptbeatstix

Last I heard resto will be losing the 'goes into stealth' part of the blink talent (phase beast iirc?, don't often look at it on feral/guardian). That will help a fair bit with their already high mobility.

This could be outdated info though, as I haven't stayed on top of the latest on MMO champ over the holiday.

Cptbeatstix

Carrollton, TX
reply to Cptbeatstix

Suniojii, most of these hits are when I'm not on this guy. He more of the back field type player. Only goes in when there is a distinct disadvantage to the other side. So those hits were blind sided for me.

Savious
Premium
join:2012-03-05
Belgrade, MT
kudos:4

THen you guys should run away and regroup.

Cptbeatstix

Carrollton, TX

At least I don't have to worry about rogues. roflsmash.

Eumaeus

Yorktown, VA

What's a ro-gue? Is that a class they phased out in an older expac?

Bodybagger
Premium
join:2010-03-30
Saint Matthews, SC
Reviews:
·Windstream
reply to Cptbeatstix

Chaos bolt already got nerfed when using GoS. If you are getting hit for 300K with a chaos bolt then your gear is rofl balls. I went back aff due to the number of stuns, silences, and CCs in this awful game. I'll take 100k haunt crits and 80k drain soul ticks anyday over a 3 second cast, 3 minute to build up chaos bolt crit.

But hey I can 3 shot a lock on my warrior and/or keep him so locked up he can't cast shit before dying. Also I can be on my lock and fully dot a warrior up at 20% and his health never goes below 18% when I die. =p

Cptbeatstix

Carrollton, TX
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

said by Bodybagger:

Also I can be on my lock and fully dot a warrior up at 20% and his health never goes below 18% when I die. =p

That is why second wind is getting nerfed lol. Warrior survivability as a whole is a bit overpowered. Meh, I don't even remember what bg it is, may have been the orb one for all I know.

bTU

join:2009-04-22
Aurora, CO
reply to Eumaeus

said by Eumaeus:

What's a ro-gue? Is that a class they phased out in an older expac?

There are still QQ's on the o forums about how rogues need to be nerfed because some baddie claims they get killed by a rogue in less time than cheap shot lasts. Either some rogue is 20 times better than anyone else, it's a GM having a quick laugh or a ranged player is hitting him hard too.
--
Heghlu'meh qaq jajvam!

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

join:2010-05-06
Kalimdor
kudos:2
reply to Cptbeatstix

I've seen my boy (Drlocktopus) drop 500k + CBs on people's heads...and these people were decently geared...

Pot + blowing all his CDs + 10k PvP power on use trinket = bad mother fucker.

But if you can't interrupt/cc/spell reflect that 3 second cast, you need to learn how. And if you're in random BGs where people aren't going to do it for you, I advise you to either stick to that Warlock like glue or stay as far away from him as possible.
--
McBrain#1430

Name's Ash...Housewares.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

join:2010-05-06
Kalimdor
kudos:2
reply to BlitzenZeus

I think they can spam intant cast Incinerates or something too. Drlocktopus was telling me about it the other day...about how he casts a wtfsuperimba Chaos Bolt at someone, and then is able to smash them with a ~100k Incinerate at the same time as the 300-400k Chaos Bolt because of travel time.

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom

join:2009-10-13
Lincoln, NE
kudos:12

Conflagration is instant, applies a stacked haste effect to Incinerate and Chaos Bolt. One Chaos Bolt eats up all the stacks generated by Conflagration, Incinerate eats up one. Conflagration has only two charges and regenerates charges after time. Chaos Bolts consume one burning ember. You can stack enough haste to have relatively fast Incinerates with the conflagration buff up but never instant. He was likely talking about Conflagration. Standard burst is to Conflagration, Chaos Bolt, Conflagration again and then either CB if the embers are there or incinerate spam if they aren't. Assuming you've previously applied immolate and curse of elements to the target.
--
Lore Nerd. Role Player. Raid Leader. Healing Priest. Slightly Annoying. Also Likes Kittens.

Bodybagger
Premium
join:2010-03-30
Saint Matthews, SC
Reviews:
·Windstream
reply to McBrain

Isn't that 10k pvp power trinket only usable in panda land? Not BGs or arenas.. I don't have it and nor will I grind anymore gdmf dailies in this game, but I think that is what the tooltip said. You can also get the little buff from those guys stealing grain bags by Halfhill and go bust someone's ass with a 400k CB. CB and spam shadowburn if they don't get 1 shotted by the CB then port to your farm. GG 3 hours+ of cheap ass horde killin.

Suniojii

Lakeside, CA
reply to Cptbeatstix

said by Cptbeatstix:

said by Bodybagger:

Also I can be on my lock and fully dot a warrior up at 20% and his health never goes below 18% when I die. =p

That is why second wind is getting nerfed lol. Warrior survivability as a whole is a bit overpowered. Meh, I don't even remember what bg it is, may have been the orb one for all I know.

You are confused if you think Warriors are getting nerfed. If anything, they are getting buffed with taste for blood changes. 2nd wind changed to 2% from 3% plus warriors getting about a 50k stamina increase means zilch.