All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
15444104 (banned)
join:2012-06-11

15444104 (banned)

Charter Phone Survey.

If you read my last posts on the thread "Charter -Cost Doubled - Can't reach by telephone to cancel" I called Charter to discuss my options as my current service package and price as coming to an end soon.

I spoke with Tim who was as all other CSRs I have dealt with at Charter friendly, professional, and helpful...however this last call revealed that due to recent changes by the new CEO and executive management team NO other tiers of service are available that are less than 30mb and of course if you want HSI alone it will cost almost 50$.

I have no need for speeds like this mentioned I will not pay for speeds i do not need or want.

Tim was understanding and handled the call well, as the CSRs hands are tied by the new "take it or leave it" plans, that have been put in place.

Today I received a automated phone survey from Charter.

I made sure to give Tim the max score when it came to his courtesy and professionalism.

When the question about his concern came up I gave him a average score, because while they had no applicable services to meet my needs he did not offer to contact his supervisors about a lack of adequate product range and inform the executive team why I would be leaving, but then again I doubt that most employees would be forward enough due to fear of it endangering their employment.

Yet another question was:

"How easy is it to do business with us"?
Well obviously since the new "take it or leave it" plans have been implemented I made sure to give the LOWEST SCORE POSSIBLE.

Lastly "Would you recommend Charter to friends and family"

Previously I would have given the maximum score, but again because Charter is only giving you one product tier offering I again GAVE THAT QUESTION THE LOWEST POSSIBLE SCORE.

cork1958
Cork
Premium Member
join:2000-02-26

cork1958

Premium Member

Right on!!

Hope it made you feel better at least because I'm sure Charter just filed that in file 13, if you know what I mean?!
15444104 (banned)

15444104 (banned)

said by cork1958:

Right on!!

Hope it made you feel better at least because I'm sure Charter just filed that in file 13, if you know what I mean?!

While that is certainly possible, the interesting thing is that PREVIOUS to this call and discussion with any CSR at Charter I have never received a survey call like this.

Somebody must be interested in this info, and I figure it is pretty easy to "deep six" the most negative scores, HOWEVER, considering how we that post here are the tip of the annoyed customer iceberg,
I think it is possible that the executive management is nervous.

I see some vague similarities to the JC Penny debacle that the new CEO has caused there.

Tom Rutledge came in and decided to TELL the customer what they want. That "want" is DAMN expensive for many consumers .

Only a few wealthy consumer "tools" will not balk at high prices and few choices. Like those lemmings that buy crAPPLE junk.

cork1958
Cork
Premium Member

cork1958

Premium Member

Do you have caller ID? What showed up when they called? I've had Charter call wanting to do surveys and the number that shows up on my caller ID IS NOT anything remotely resembling a Charter number. Usually says some junk like Toll Free or something and the only reason I've ever answered it is jump down their throat and tell them I'm on the Do Not call list and to remove from their list.

Haven't had a call from them in quite some time now.
15444104 (banned)

15444104 (banned)

It definitely was a Charter number.... 888 438 2427.

It would have been too much of a coincidence that I received this call less than one day after my "threat to cancel".

cork1958
Cork
Premium Member

cork1958

Premium Member

Yep,
That number is a Charter number, and I wasn't disagreeing with you. I know they do make those calls after some discussions with them.