All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

RR206
join:2001-12-11
united state

RR206 to Nezmo

to Nezmo

Re: [JB] Looks Like No Apple TV 3 Jailbreak!

No thanks. LOL I have plenty to cover me. They work great for playback. I would just like the ATV3 JB for faster XBMC UI, and better skins. However they have been a better return this year than my stocks if I were to sell them.

I wonder if anyone has looked at hardware level jailbreaks. Like the Xbox 360. Reset the CPU so many times in fast succession, and you end up with an exploitable hole.

Paul928
join:2000-05-06
Haverhill, MA

Paul928

That's exactly the reason I want the jailbreak for ATV3 ....I want to access XBMC! But, I found another solution. I was at a friends house last night, and he had an Android Mini PC...Looks no bigger than an external USB modem....runs jellybean, and is very fast...basically it's specs are on the lines of an Android tablet..So you can run games, apps, surf the web, anything you can do in the Android OS you can do on this thing...price? $54.00....no brainer for me!!! I was thinking of selling my ATV3 and buying an ATV2 on craigslist...but this is a more functional solution, along with being a better financial solution.
rugby
I think I know it all.
join:2000-09-26
Plainfield, IN

rugby

I picked up a Raspberry Pi, case, and sd card for like $50 and run this on it:

»www.raspbmc.com

Seems to work ok.

Paul928
join:2000-05-06
Haverhill, MA

Paul928

said by rugby:

»www.raspbmc.com

Seems to work ok.

sounds like a great solution as well....I've heard a lot of positive things about the rasberrypi project......sounds basically like the solution that I found....the mini pc that I ordered is the MK808 Mini PC....there are many reviews on youtube, and bought it off of Amazon for $54.00

RR206
join:2001-12-11
united state

RR206 to rugby

to rugby
said by rugby:

»www.raspbmc.com

Seems to work ok.

Those seem to have the same UI lag as the ATV2s though. There are dual & quad core clones of them though starting in the $100 range.

chip89
Premium Member
join:2012-07-05
Columbia Station, OH

chip89 to RR206

Premium Member

to RR206
Or blow up the CPU from resting it to fast.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR

darcilicious

Premium Member

How does one "rest" to [sic] fast?

chip89
Premium Member
join:2012-07-05
Columbia Station, OH

chip89

Premium Member

Trust me Don't rest it to rapidly in a short time period if you don't want a nice white paper wight.

not quite right
I'm not cool enough to be a Mac person
join:2001-06-23
Puyallup, WA

not quite right

said by chip89:

Trust me Don't rest it to rapidly in a short time period if you don't want a nice white paper wight.

What makes you think it's white? ...

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
·Ziply Fiber

darcilicious to chip89

Premium Member

to chip89
said by chip89:

You appear to be extremely confused...