uniqs
share rss forum feed

halfzero2

join:2001-05-10
Broomfield, CO

1 edit
reply to CenturyLink

Re: Century link -- Recent changes that you may not noticed

Thanks, for trying to help, I appreciate it. I know that a regular service has dynamic IP, and IP could change randomly. However, changing every 2 hours for almost a month is not normal. Anyone who uses CL internet service for browsing web won't notice this. However, people who use DDNS are screwed. Most DDNS service cannot keep up with that frequent change on IP.

I complained to CL technical support (sounded answering calls from the Philippines) many times, but they had no clue what "IP address" was. I asked whether or not CL start to block port 80, they asked me for my Modem sr#. I gave up talking to them. Once I started to rant here, the problem that had been going on for a month was mysteriously fixed. Of couse, I did not do anything at all on my side. It seemed to me that CL needs a bad publicity, then someone will take the right action. My register name says where I am.

Regarding my comment that CL is run by many clueless people, I won't back down on that. It is very true. There are a lot of competent people at CL also, but they are not the one who make the policy.

GetMoney

join:2010-06-11
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

Do you honestly think CTL resolved this issue because "halfzero2" from Broomfield CO was complaining on DSLr? That somehow they'd be able to narrow down your exact DSLAM based on this post? CTL truly doesn't give two shits about customers here. This is a moan and groan board as their precense here is to save face at best.

halfzero2

join:2001-05-10
Broomfield, CO

said by GetMoney:

Do you honestly think CTL resolved this issue because "halfzero2" from Broomfield CO was complaining on DSLr? That somehow they'd be able to narrow down your exact DSLAM based on this post? CTL truly doesn't give two shits about customers here. This is a moan and groan board as their precense here is to save face at best.

I don't know. What I know is that the problem that I had for 1 month (December) was gone. As I understand, some system problems could go on for months if nobody complain or people who answer the phone don't know how to communicate to people who can control the equipment.

Actually, I don't care it was the act of CL or God, as long as it works like before.