how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

orum
Premium
join:2005-03-22
Sunnyvale, CA

Is there a way to see private messages more than once?

I logged into the site yesterday and there was a PM waiting for me. I briefly looked at it and continued on to other things.

I would like to reply to the user that PM'd me, but today when I came back to do that, I could not find a way to see the PM again. Is this possible, or do you only get one chance to see the PM (when you get the flashing icon when you first log in)?

Also, are there any settings that can be made so an e-mail is sent when you get a PM, or do you just have to keep coming to the site to check?

state
stress magnet
Premium,Mod
join:2002-02-08
Purgatory
kudos:6

Yes and yes.

You can view your messages by visiting this URL: »/instant or by clicking on the fifth icon in your minibar:

And you have the ability to change your notification settings here and choose to have them delivered by IM here or via email (not both): »/instant?set=1

orum
Premium
Sunnyvale, CA

Thanks, part of my issue was with the terminology. Folks in the forums I look at talk about sending a PM, but the site calls that an IM.

On my minibar (which I think is the default setup), the single quote cloud icon is the second one, but I do see there is a tool at the end of my minibar that lets me reorder them.

I can't change my notification settings as that appears to be a premium user function.

Appreciate the help and answer.

Pacrat
Old and Cranky
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-10
Cortland, OH
kudos:2

You do have a premium membership. You should be able to change anything you want!

orum
Premium
Sunnyvale, CA

I do now. That upgrade just happened today, and I've set up to be notified when I get an IM.