drew
Automatic
Premium
join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA
kudos:6
reply to tcope

Re: Car Accident & Insurance Claim Questions

Thanks for your expert opinion - I was hoping you, specifically, would chime in here.

I have already filed the claim and asked State Farm to be involved. I did this during my phone conversation this evening where she informed me of the "duty to mitigate the loss" (thanks for the proper term). She made a bigger deal about it than you are, so I was very worried.

The Hartford rep said that while they were not ready to accept liability, she was leaning towards that as the other driver had been cited. I imagine it'll all shake out... God is good to us and we actually have a spare vehicle, so I'm not having to rent a car. I did ask the State Farm lady about any kind of claim for lost wages due to having to take a half day or so off work to deal with getting my belongings tomorrow and she said I was pretty much SOL but could try and get paid out on the rental coverage since I'm not using it.

I normally have my DSLR or mirrorless camera with me EVERYWHERE but not that evening... wish I'd had my flash and everything so the pictures didn't suck.
--
flickr | 'Cause I've been waiting, all my life just waiting
For you to shine, shine your light on me