antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
join:2001-03-25
United State
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

An easy to use GUI firewall program for Linux/Debian?

I recently upgraded my Debian stable's Kernel v2.6.32 to v3.2.0. However, old Guarddog doesn't work anymore (no loggings, can't launch the program, etc.). I noticed the program hasn't been updated since 2007. I am looking for an easy to use replacement to configure a firewall like in Windows (Norton, Conseal PC Firewall, Outpost Firewall 2009, etc.) when the programs wants network access (mostly for outbound connections).

Thank you in advance.
--
Ant @ AQFL.net and AntFarm.ma.cx. Please do not IM/e-mail me for technical support. Use this forum or better, »community.norton.com ! Disclaimer: The views expressed in this posting are mine, and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Anon users

@anonymouse.org

Try this one:

»leopardflower.sourceforge.net/

if ya can build, remember to 'export DEB_BUILD_HARDENING=1' before make, it will fortify the sourcecode further

chachazz
Premium
join:2003-12-14
kudos:9
reply to antdude

All Things Unix

antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
join:2001-03-25
United State
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to Anon users

said by Anon users :

Try this one:

»leopardflower.sourceforge.net/

if ya can build, remember to 'export DEB_BUILD_HARDENING=1' before make, it will fortify the sourcecode further

I prefer not to compile, but use complied packages which I don't see on Debian's stable and backport servers and that web site link?
--
Ant @ AQFL.net and AntFarm.ma.cx. Please do not IM/e-mail me for technical support. Use this forum or better, »community.norton.com ! Disclaimer: The views expressed in this posting are mine, and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.