Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

deke40
Premium
join:2003-01-23
Texas

Comcast Email For Auto-Pay

I keep getting one of these emails from Comcast like I have auto-pay set up. I pay through my local credit union on all my bills.

Comcast has no credit card on file of mine. Are they just trying to get me to call them where they can talk me into auto-pay or what. I also have my TV service with them.

plencnerb
Premium
join:2000-09-25
Carpentersville, IL
kudos:3
Are you sure the e-mail is actually from Comcast? This sounds like it could be some kind of scam to me, where there is a link in the e-mail to connect to "Comcast", and provide your proper credit card information. Which, in doing so would not give it to Comcast, but to the spammer.

--Brian

mike34
Premium
join:2004-07-17
Central City, PA
reply to deke40
said by deke40:

I keep getting one of these emails from Comcast like I have auto-pay set up. I pay through my local credit union on all my bills.

Comcast has no credit card on file of mine. Are they just trying to get me to call them where they can talk me into auto-pay or what. I also have my TV service with them.

Many people have gotten those, includning me. They're scams. Just delete it and forget it. Not from Comcast.

graysonf
Premium,MVM
join:1999-07-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL
kudos:2
reply to deke40
Without seeing the full header of the message it is not possible to determine its source. Post the header if you want a definitive answer.

deke40
Premium
join:2003-01-23
Texas
reply to deke40
Kind of figures it was suspicious. The address in the From: looked strange and the info under Properties/Details looked very suspicious.

Thanks for the info.