spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

cin00c4

join:2013-01-04

SVB5122 frequent disconnections

hello, i'm having some problems with my internet connection. Sometimes the "send" led blinks and i get dc on any online game i play.
My connection is Mbps and the speed tests show no problems. I've called the technical support a few times but they haven't solved my problem yet.

I think i wont mess with the modem because of guarantee issues , but i would like some help about finding the problem. Last time the support guy was here, he changed the cable splitter because of the high noise in the signal and it got better.

Ive looked on google and read some pages about this DCC arrive and depart, but i'm no expert on network issues.

I attached some screenshots of the modem page. I hope someone can help me. Thanks

Johkal
Cool Cat
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-13
Happy Valley
kudos:9

said by cin00c4:

I think i wont mess with the modem because of guarantee issues

From your statement, I would guess you lease this modem from your ISP.
Who is your ISP?
Do you subscribe to phone service with your ISP?
Please post your signal levels & log entries: »192.168.100.1/
--
In God we trust; all others bring data!

cin00c4

Yes, i do have a phone. But i'm not from us or canada, i'm from brazil. My ISP is Net comunicações S.A. Here are info from the modem pages.

Downstream Value
Frequency 315000000 Hz
Signal to Noise Ratio 36 dB
Downstream Modulation QAM256
Network Access Control Object ON
Power Level 12 dBmV
The Downstream Power Level reading is a snapshot taken at the time this page was requested. Please Reload/Refresh this Page for a new reading
Upstream Value
Channel ID 4
Frequency 30000000 Hz
Ranging Service ID 2884
Symbol Rate 2.560 Msym/s
Power Level 46 dBmV
Upstream Modulation [3] QPSK
[3] 16QAM
Signal Stats Value
Total Unerrored Codewords 193229761
Total Correctable Codewords 4493
Total Uncorrectable Codewords 20011

i attached to this post a txt file containing the copy of yesterday morning log, when i had a lot of disconnections. Thanks for the help.

Johkal
Cool Cat
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-13
Happy Valley
kudos:9

1 recommendation

Your signal levels are acceptable.

From your log entries:

DCC aborted unable to communicate on new upstream channel
DCC arrive new
DCC depart old

Your present modem is DOCSIS 2.0 capable. From looking at your ISP, it appears that they have implemented DOCSIS 3.0. This newer DOCSIS utilizes bonded channels. Your modem is trying to lock onto different available upstream channels too quickly which is causing your issue. The only way to possibly solve your connection issue is to replace the modem with a DOCSIS 3.0 capable modem which they should be able to provide.
--
In God we trust; all others bring data!

cin00c4

1 recommendation

thank so much for the help... they just called and told me there is no problem with my signal... i hate theese support guys.. i'll ask them to change my modem then...