join:2012-06-01
Kill Devil Hills, NC

4 edits

Draiman to f0rtys3ven

to f0rtys3ven

Re: [NFL] Who replaces Andy Reid as Eagles head coach at year en

said by f0rtys3ven:

I don't think it matters that much.

Most head coaches in the NFL coached at a collegiate level at some point.

Well DUH! But vast majority learned how to win by advancing up the ranks to head coach in the NFL instead of starting there. When you skip the ranks you skip the experience that follows which leads to failure. Those who fail to learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.

capdjq
Be Kind, Be Calm & Be Safe
Premium Member
join:2000-11-01
Vancouver

1 recommendation

capdjq

Premium Member

If I was Nick Saban or Chip Kelly I would stay put.

Chip Kelly's style of success will only work, with the proper personnel. Personally I would stay clear of any team, unless I had a QB. The best job going, at this moment, is SD. At least Rivers, who admittedly has had a poor season, is generally a good QB.

Andy Reid should have stayed retired for a year. He has a good RB in KC, but Andy throws the ball only, and Matt Cassell can't deliver. The Chiefs have the first round pick, but I don't see any RGIII, Luck caliber QBs in the draft this year. His only advantage is that, besides the Broncos, its a weak division.

Andy Reid, with all his previous personal woes, should, emulate Cowher, Dungy etc and devote more time to his family.

Eagles LoveR
Dawkins is a true Eagle
Premium Member
join:2001-11-29
Trenton, NJ

Eagles LoveR

Premium Member

Rivers has had back-to-back bad seasons. Granted, he doesn't have as much talent around him as he did a few years ago, but he has played like poop for a couple seasons not just this past one.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to capdjq

Premium Member

to capdjq
said by capdjq:

Andy Reid, with all his previous personal woes, should, emulate Cowher, Dungy etc and devote more time to his family.

And he'd get a prime gig in a broadcast booth too.

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

FFH5

Premium Member

said by elwoodblues:

said by capdjq:

And he'd get a prime gig in a broadcast booth too.

I agree, he should have taken a year off. But it looks like the deal with KC is near finalized and to get Reid, KC fired their GM this morning because Reid didn't want him as a boss.
»abcnews.go.com/Sports/wi ··· 18131663