New Install. Problem
I just got Uverse installed yesterday. U300, 12mb, phone, 2 TVs. One of the STBs is wireless. It kept losing signal after the guy left. It seems more stable now. Also, today the modem rebooted itself. Do you thing I have a problem or will it take a few days for the modem to work out the kinks itself?
Your profile is close to running at the maximum number of bits available and the noise margin in a little low but other than that everything looks very good. The 33 seconds of DSL unavailable time were actually part of the rebooting process. Give it a few days and see how it goes.
Thanks for the reply. The rg was laying down so I put it upright and the rg has not stopped once since. Kinda weird. The only problem now is the wireless stb will freeze for a few seconds ramdonly. The signal on the wireless stb is full strength. So hopefully there is just a training period for the rg.
Well, I called tech support and found out that a tech came out and tried to get the service started. I already have service, so that explains the rg rebooting today. (The tech never knocked or called). Also, the intermittent problems I am having, the support tech thinks the wireless stb might be bad. Also, my wireless phone broadcasts at 5ghz. So if after replacing the stb I still have problems, I will look at replacing the phone with something probably in the 6ghz range.
|reply to nobleracer |
There is no such thing as a "6ghz" phone. Your best bet would be a DECT set. And no, DECT 6.0 does not mean it is 6 GHz. DECT actually runs at ~1.9 GHz, but that part of the spectrum is set aside for DECT, so it shouldn't interfere with anything else, assuming the system being used is within. spec. and working properly.
Thanks for the clarification. That is the frequency that I was thinking of.