Badonkadonk
Premium
join:2000-12-17
Naperville, IL
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Dish Network
reply to ropeguru

Re: Subfloor comments and recommendations?

said by ropeguru:

said by alkizmo:

Dricore is for the weekend warriors who don't know how to drill tapcons or work with 4x8s.
I've read about people feeling that dricore panels feel sometimes loose. Plus water/humidity from the concrete can get up the joints of the dricore tiles and rott the OSB part of the dricore. With platon, it's nice and tight, no gaps no cracks.

It's up to you for the effort vs. quality.

Until you drill through it for the tapcon.

Right! That's one of the things that bugs me. On the other hand, the Dricore is even further from being a true seal.

said by alkizmo:

Dricore is for the weekend warriors who don't know how to drill tapcons or work with 4x8s.
I've read about people feeling that dricore panels feel sometimes loose. Plus water/humidity from the concrete can get up the joints of the dricore tiles and rott the OSB part of the dricore. With platon, it's nice and tight, no gaps no cracks.

It's up to you for the effort vs. quality.

I'll probably go with the Platon. All of the work is being done by a contractor and he's already mentioned that he has no problem with the roll-out dimpled stuff. I agree that it's going to likely be a nicer, tighter install than Dricore.
--
How nice. This country is being run by a broken record repeating the same two words over and over. Cretin.