join:2000-10-04
Calgary, AB

They're still a crappy team.

Draiman
Let me see those devil horns in the sky

join:2012-06-01
Kill Devil Hills, NC
reply to Draiman

We'll see next year won't we? People thought the same thing about the Colts but they made the playoffs. Any Given Sunday!

footballdude
Premium
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO
reply to Draiman

KC's been bad for a long time. It's going to take awhile to turn that program around.
--
Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

Draiman

Kill Devil Hills, NC
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

said by footballdude:

KC's been bad for a long time. It's going to take awhile to turn that program around.

People said that about the Niners but it didn't take 'awhile' for them. We'll see how it goes in the Fall.
--
IF YOU FIND ANY MISTAKES IN MY WORK...Please consider that they are there for a purpose. I try to please everyone and there is always someone looking for mistakes!

shaner
Premium
join:2000-10-04
Calgary, AB

The Colts have Andrew Luck. The Niners have Frank Gore. The Chiefs have neither.

Draiman

Kill Devil Hills, NC
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

said by shaner:

The Colts have Andrew Luck. The Niners have Frank Gore. The Chiefs have neither.

5 pro bowl players and the #1 draft pick is hardly nothing. Especially since Luck was a #1 draft pick who turned a team around.
--
IF YOU FIND ANY MISTAKES IN MY WORK...Please consider that they are there for a purpose. I try to please everyone and there is always someone looking for mistakes!

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
kudos:2

Let's be honest, Luck didn't "turn the team around" but proved to be a worthy successor to Peyton Manning, considering Curtis Painter was useless, it was a lost season allowing them to draft luck.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY
reply to Draiman

We'll see next season how much improved the team is.

I think they'll still be crappy, but not as crappy as this season.

aurgathor

join:2002-12-01
Lynnwood, WA
kudos:1
reply to Draiman

said by Draiman:

5 pro bowl players and the #1 draft pick is hardly nothing. Especially since Luck was a #1 draft pick who turned a team around.

I don't think there's a Luck/RG III caliber QB in this year's draft, but they should be able to get at least a halfway decent QB.

And just as an aside, Ton Brady was a 6th round pick, Joe Montana was a 3rd round pick, and Russell Wilson was also a 3rd round pick, so one doesn't have to have the 1st pick to get a star QB.
--
Wacky Races 2012!

Draiman

Kill Devil Hills, NC
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

said by aurgathor:

said by Draiman:

I don't think there's a Luck/RG III caliber QB in this year's draft, but they should be able to get at least a halfway decent QB.

And just as an aside, Ton Brady was a 6th round pick, Joe Montana was a 3rd round pick, and Russell Wilson was also a 3rd round pick, so one doesn't have to have the 1st pick to get a star QB.

Nope you don't need a 1st round pick to strike gold but it sure helps! I mean if you had a choice between a prime steak or a choice steak for the same price what would you take? You have a very very high chance the prime steak will be greater then the choice but there's always cases where that's not true but people will always take the prime over the choice.
--

aurgathor

join:2002-12-01
Lynnwood, WA
kudos:1

said by Draiman:

Nope you don't need a 1st round pick to strike gold but it sure helps!

Just ask the San Diego Chargers!
--
Wacky Races 2012!

I AM
Premium
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA
kudos:4
reply to Draiman

Chiefs do have some talent. Charles is solid and Bowe did very great this year with sorry QB's. We'll see if he returns. Their D had some playmakers as well.

FFH
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5
reply to Rook008

said by Rook008:

We'll see next season how much improved the team is.

I think they'll still be crappy, but not as crappy as this season.

That's the key. Reid has about 2 yrs to go from 2-14 to say 8-8. And another year to make the playoffs. The 1st year will be easy to go from 2-14 to say 5-11 or 6-10. Years 3 to 5 will be the key if Reid is going to stay - he has to get in to the playoffs.
--
A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the public treasury.