how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

qbwaggle

join:2012-05-31
Troy, MI

Premium channel preview???

Lots of providers are offering a free preview of HBO/Showtime/Cinemax/etc during Jan 11-13. Does anyone know if WOW! will be doing this? I didn't see any announcement on the WOW! twitter page...

source: »slickdeals.net/f/5779722-Big-Sho···-TWC-etc

WOW_Dan
Premium
join:2011-03-24
Naperville, IL
kudos:33

WOW! will not be participating in this free preview.

anyreasony

@wideopenwest.com

Could you at least tell us why they never participate in them?

ghgard

@wideopenwest.com
reply to WOW_Dan

WOW should really consider doing some of these things to try and make their users feel important, especially after all the of recent issues with their service.

Bbhmvf

@wideopenwest.com
reply to WOW_Dan

Wow never participates in this. It's a shame.

Really everyone should be getting a free month to make up for all the crap lately. But no, we can't even get a free weekend that it looks like every other major cable co is offering.

baess

join:2011-01-28
reply to qbwaggle

Someone on FB said WOW told them they weren't participating because Showtime shows R rated movies.

I suppose there could be some truth to it as they wouldn't want the Premium channels accessible by anyone, including children.

mogamer

join:2011-04-20
Royal Oak, MI

said by baess:

Someone on FB said WOW told them they weren't participating because Showtime shows R rated movies.

That's BS and you know it! The Starz and Encore channels are part of the Signature package and they both show uncut, R-rated movies. Starz shows Spartacus, which has some pretty raw scenes.

I bet the real reason is that WOW! doesn't show "free previews" is that they probably pay a lower price on their contracts, thus not being able to participate in them.