join:2007-04-25
Canada
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·voip.ms

1 recommendation

reply to John Doe 187

Re: Teksavvy Voltage motion - Looking for some advice

The first thing you should do is read the speculative invoicing handbook.
»www.scribd.com/doc/115443516/The···-Edition

You should also familiarize yourself with how these copyright trolls do business. Here's a good article about a company that uses the same tactics as Voltage Pictures - »torrentfreak.com/o2-be-customers···-121204/

Although Voltage Pictures is attempting to portray this as commercial copyright infringement, they don't have a leg to stand on so if they decide to take anyone to court then you should be able to convince a judge that this should be handled by small claims court.

If you live in Ontario, check out this link - »www.attorneygeneral.jus.gov.on.c···/guides/

bullwinkle

join:2011-03-19
Nepean, ON

said by Rastan:

The first thing you should do is read the speculative invoicing handbook.
»www.scribd.com/doc/115443516/The···-Edition

That's a great read - thanks for the link. My only caveat would be that this is written from the British perspective, and (I think) there's a bit more history there with these issues than we've seen in Canada. I suspect that ISPs and their law firms here may be a little more risk-averse until we've seen the waters tested a few times.

Brandon411

@198.96.127.x

@Bullwinkle

Teksavvy is basically handing over the information as they said they will not be opposing the motion. The only reason they showed up to court was to ask for a delay since they screwed up the notifications. So in short that is the min. they should be doing. Is this not the case? Could be mistaken but not sure how some people is lead to believe Teksavvy is doing everyone such a BIG favor and is some hero but last I checked in the Bill they are required to give notice.

@Dr Facts

I understand that. But understand Teksavvy is looking out for number one... themselves... and hence why they did not oppose the motion. Does anyone actually believe what Teksavvy is doing is correct by not opposing? I'm pretty sure the majority of the public would disagree but like I said hey... you gotta look out for #1. Good job taking care of your customers TSI by doing the min. I'm sure they will grant you the same courtesy when it comes to ISP loyalty.

Newuser1

@67.230.160.x
reply to bullwinkle

It's scary to think that someone like Voltage can demand my personal information base on IPs I hope someone stands up to them.

funny

join:2010-12-22

said by Newuser1 :

It's scary to think that someone like Voltage can demand my personal information base on IPs I hope someone stands up to them.

thats yet to be actually determined here....I'll add that if thats the case then i want everyones info cause your all infringing OH ill drop case after i get your info
and then i will have everyones information. THEY want this info for two reasons
A) so they can check on what else your doing on the net and by your real name and then really start pestering and /or get mroe info to invade your privacy , think facebook (american) twitter et all.

B) to send out extorting letters when no one has done any commercial infringement ( in my opinion )