spc
uniqs

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones

join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON

DKS to zed173

to zed173

Re: Need emergency Internet options (for 10+ days)

said by zed173:

Pretty sure no one was asking for your sympathy. I'm sure most of us are aware rural areas don't always have high speed (where my mom lives she didn't until last year). That being said, I fail to see what got your panties in a bunch over some guy asking how to temporarily get some form of Internet access at all (note he did ask for dial up OR highspeed).

No one absolutely needs internet for ten days. Internet is a convenience, not a mandatory service. Sorry you and the OP don't get that.

donoreo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON

donoreo

Premium Member

said by DKS:

said by zed173:

Pretty sure no one was asking for your sympathy. I'm sure most of us are aware rural areas don't always have high speed (where my mom lives she didn't until last year). That being said, I fail to see what got your panties in a bunch over some guy asking how to temporarily get some form of Internet access at all (note he did ask for dial up OR highspeed).

No one absolutely needs internet for ten days. Internet is a convenience, not a mandatory service. Sorry you and the OP don't get that.

Lots of people see it as "needed". Tell a teen they will not have the internet for 10 days! End of the world!

an0nym0us
@acanac.net

an0nym0us

Anon

Lots of people see it as "needed". Tell a teen they will not have the internet for 10 days! End of the world!

Some _adults_ said the world would end on december 21 2012, and we are still here arguing.
You might kill two birds with one stone if you go talk to your neighbours.

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones

Owen Sound, ON

DKS to donoreo

to donoreo
said by donoreo:

Just because people (including teens) see it that way doesn't mean that it is reality.

donoreo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON

donoreo

Premium Member

said by DKS:

said by donoreo:

Just because people (including teens) see it that way doesn't mean that it is reality.

Reality is perception. They see it that way. Yes, of course they are idiots, but that is beside the point

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium Member
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ

AVD to DKS

Premium Member

to DKS
said by DKS:

said by donoreo:

You avatar matched you post.

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones

Owen Sound, ON

DKS

said by AVD:

said by DKS:

said by donoreo:

You avatar matched you post.

Always does.

lugnut
@communications.com

lugnut to DKS

Anon

to DKS
said by DKS:

said by zed173:

I strongly disagree. Some form of basic internet connectivity is pretty much a requirement these days for any sort of government or corporate information and even tight asses like Ontario Works or ODSP won't look twice these days at a $50 a month internet bill in a financial audit.

Perhaps 15 years ago it was less common and somewhat frivolous but in today's world, being without a net connection is the equivalent of being without basic phone service.