All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Downers Grov
@comcast.net

Downers Grov

Anon

Comcast Outgoing Mail Down in Chicagoland?

Can't send mail through Comcast. Any ideas?

plencnerb
Premium Member
join:2000-09-25
53403-1242

plencnerb

Premium Member

Don't know if it is related or not, but about an hour ago I was not able to access the Comcast Homepage. The URL I was using is below

http://xfinity.comcast.net/

I also noticed that the redirect that was in place to go from »www.comcast.net to »xfinity.comcast.net/ was also not working.

However, I am now able to open both pages without any problems.

Depending on what caused their main page to not open may have effected mail delivery, if you were trying to do it on Comcast's webpage (not using an external program like Outlook or Thunderbird).

So, I would see if you can even get to their homepage. If not, give it some time, and try again.

--Brian

Email_NOT
@comcast.net

Email_NOT to Downers Grov

Anon

to Downers Grov
said by Downers Grov :

Can't send mail through Comcast. Any ideas?

Before anyone can provide any meaningful ideas, you need to supply some meaningful information.

1. Are you trying to send using webmail from a browser, or from a standalone email client on a PC (or some other device)?

2. If it is from an email client application, what email client are you using, and what are your outgoing (SMTP) server settings?

3. Are you getting any error, reject, or bounce messages? If so, what do those messages say?

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad to Downers Grov

MVM

to Downers Grov
This article may explain it:

Comcast Down Friday, January 4, 2013, Sends Subscribers Into A Nervous Frenzy
iDigital Times - January 4, 2013
»www.idigitaltimes.com/ar ··· ends.htm
telcodad

telcodad

MVM

Just found this post from a Comcast employee in the Email Help area of the Comcast Help and Support Forums (»forums.comcast.com/t5/E- ··· #M220061 ):
1-04-2013 2:06 PM - edited 1-04-2013 2:07 PM

we had an issue with our DNS servers (for comcast.net) a couple of hours ago. That issue has since been resolved and smtp.comcast.net (and all other comcast.net urls) should be resolving correctly now.

fonzbear2000
Premium Member
join:2005-08-09
Saint Paul, MN
·Verizon Wireless

fonzbear2000 to plencnerb

Premium Member

to plencnerb
said by plencnerb:

Don't know if it is related or not, but about an hour ago I was not able to access the Comcast Homepage. The URL I was using is below

http://xfinity.comcast.net/

I also noticed that the redirect that was in place to go from »www.comcast.net to »xfinity.comcast.net/ was also not working.

However, I am now able to open both pages without any problems.

Depending on what caused their main page to not open may have effected mail delivery, if you were trying to do it on Comcast's webpage (not using an external program like Outlook or Thunderbird).

So, I would see if you can even get to their homepage. If not, give it some time, and try again.

--Brian

Just wondering. Why did you put one of the links in code and the other 2 as normal links?

plencnerb
Premium Member
join:2000-09-25
53403-1242

plencnerb

Premium Member

said by fonzbear2000:

Just wondering. Why did you put one of the links in code and the other 2 as normal links?

No reason really. I think I just got lazy!

Sometimes I will put them in code so that the full link shows, which in my mind, helps remove any question of what the full URL is.