how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

vtecchump

join:2011-12-08
Richmond Hill, ON

[Voip.ms] Spam calls? #4500XXXXXXXX

Anybody else getting a whole bunch of weird calls from numbers starting with #45XXXXXX..... They also show up in voipms cdr.

Since the new year, I've had 50+ calls. What the heck is going on?

Mango
What router are you using?
Premium
join:2008-12-25
www.toao.net
kudos:13
I'm sure you know this already, but for the new people, these and other annoying calls can be blocked with CallerID Filtering.

I can't explain where these specific calls are coming from though.

MartinM
VoIP.ms
Premium,VIP
join:2008-07-21
kudos:3
reply to vtecchump
Do you have a ticket number? If not, I recommend doing so and we will be able to provide a proper answer and resolution.
--
Martin - VoIP.ms

vtecchump

Richmond Hill, ON
I do have a ticket #.
Setting up the caller ID filter for #45XXXXXXXXXXXXX but a call just came through

What's interesting is that if i call 9051231234, 5 seconds later, the an inbound call comes in as #450019051231234 (pay attention to the last 10 digits).....very weird behavior.

MichelR

join:2011-07-03
Ottawa, ON
reply to vtecchump
I haven't had any weird call (as in unknown phone #) in weeks. Whenever I get one, I search for it with Google. There are sites where they keep track of such numbers. Then I update caller ID filtering, if needed.

N9MD
Too busy to chat
Premium
join:2005-10-08
Boca Raton, FL
kudos:5
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·Callcentric
·VOIPO
·CIKTEL Telecom
reply to vtecchump
As a reminder, one can block all incoming calls that do not reflect US/Canada NANPA DID formats ... i.e., 10 & 11-digit (NPANXXNNNN and 1NPANXXNNNN) numbers.

• Sign onto your Voip.ms website
• Hover on DID Numbers
• Slide down to CallerID Filtering
• Click on Click here to create a new filtering rule
• In Section 1 Select the type of filter, put a "dot" to the left of CallerID not matching the North American NPANXXXXXX format
• In Section 3 Select Routing, put a "dot" to the left of System
• Leave Hangup, if you wish
• In Section 4 Save your filter, type in "Non-NANPA filter" (or whatever you wish)
• In Section 5 be sure to "Click here to save your filter"

N9MD
Too busy to chat
Premium
Boca Raton, FL
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·Callcentric
·VOIPO
·CIKTEL Telecom
reply to vtecchump
said by vtecchump:

...What's interesting is that if i call 9051231234...

What's also interesting is that a search for 905-123-1234 (9051231234) brings up:

»live-clean.co/contact/
»www.esimplifiedclients.com/contact.html (Jennifer Hirlehey and Associates)
»hzglobalenergy.ca/ (HZ Global Energy)

PX Eliezer70
Premium
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River
Reviews:
·callwithus
·voip.ms
And of course there cannot be a [123] local exchange so all those websites are fishy.

The [Jennifer Hirlehey] was interesting because the website seems to deal both with women's clothing retail, and with family law.

--------------------------------

OTOH, there [IS] a company here in New Jersey that sells both eggs and office supplies.

»www.ejschuster.com/eggs.html

As they say, ["You can whip our eggs, but you can't beat our office supplies!"].

N9MD
Too busy to chat
Premium
Boca Raton, FL
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·Callcentric
·VOIPO
·CIKTEL Telecom
said by PX Eliezer70:

»www.ejschuster.com/eggs.html

As they say, ["You can whip our eggs, but you can't beat our office supplies!"].

Isn't that what the STAPLES stores are all about ... (staples and staples)?

vtecchump

Richmond Hill, ON
reply to N9MD
sorry i was using the 905-123-1234 as an example.

My point is when i dial a 10 digit number and complete the call, 5 seconds later, i get a call from #45001XXXXXXXXXX where XXXXXXXXXX is the 10 digit number i dialed in the first place.

N9MD
Too busy to chat
Premium
Boca Raton, FL
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·Callcentric
·VOIPO
·CIKTEL Telecom
I suspected so ... but does this happen with any call you dial ... or only work with a single solitary DID or specific area code or set of DIDs or all DIDs? Did you try dialing different area codes and get the same callback?

I'll be curious as to what Martin's sleuthing reveals.

MartinM
VoIP.ms
Premium,VIP

1 edit
reply to vtecchump
Well it would help me if the OP provided the ticket number. Please send it to me via PM, thanks.
--
Martin - VoIP.ms

ropeguru
Premium
join:2001-01-25
Mechanicsville, VA
said by MartinM:

Well it would help me if the OP provided the ticket number. Without that info this thread just becomes a rant. Please send it to me via PM, thanks.

To a slight defense of the poster, you did not ask for the ticket #. You only asked if he had one which he replied that he did.

PX Eliezer70
Premium
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River
reply to N9MD
I wonder if it could be a [ringback number].

»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ringback_number

MartinM
VoIP.ms
Premium,VIP
reply to ropeguru
said by ropeguru:

To a slight defense of the poster, you did not ask for the ticket #. You only asked if he had one which he replied that he did.

Fair enough.

vtecchump, Do you have a ticket number so I can check what is the current status of your support request. Thanks
--
Martin - VoIP.ms

SCADAGeo

join:2012-11-08
N California
kudos:2
reply to PX Eliezer70
said by PX Eliezer70:

OTOH, there [IS] a company here in New Jersey that sells both eggs and office supplies.

This is similar to Fry's Electronics humble beginning.

The original location was open 24 hours per day (for the first few weeks/month).

VME back planes and boards were adjacent to the loaves of bread, Jolt cola adjacent to chips (IC's, DIP's), test equipment and prototyping supplies adjacent to fresh fruits & vegetables.

A little something for everyone, lol.

MartinM
VoIP.ms
Premium,VIP
reply to vtecchump
I have not yet received the ticket number but I will start trying to find the support request in advance to see what I can find out. (Will search for (#4500)

Will post my findings asap.
--
Martin - VoIP.ms

MartinM
VoIP.ms
Premium,VIP
I found your ticket and had someone follow up. Your issue should be fixed by now.
--
Martin - VoIP.ms

vtecchump

Richmond Hill, ON
sorry, got sidetracked with replying to the ticket and forogt about this thread.

issue is fixed now, thanks. do you mind explaining what was the cause?