how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

jimmyipv6

join:2013-01-04
Lilburn, GA

Problem with 2wire 3800HGV-B

I have a problem with my modem which in the last couple of months it has been acting up with the internet either being slow under wireless or disconnecting a lot and sometimes I get download speeds of 100kb to 200kb when I am trying to download any file and I noticed that sometimes youtube buffers like crazy until I have to reset the modem and then it would work for 2 days and then it does it again. When I am connected to my cellular network using my t-mobile 4g phone unlimited plan, this doesn't happen like this. It is also happening recently on wired too and I am thinking that it is mostly a hardware issue inside the modem because what I noticed is that when I try to save settings like the Wireless Connection Rate, it would go back to the default when it reboots and it does the same thing when I try to change the link speed on wired too. It just dosent save any settings when I try to make them to correct this issue. Is there anyway I could get a different model of modem like the NVG510 or any better 2wire model which doesn't have this issue or maybe a firmware upgrade for the 2wire 3800HGV-B. I have U-Verse 300 package, 24Mbps/3Mbps package, and U-Verse voice 250.
--
Jimmy Salim

go blue

join:2013-01-03

I has the same RG and it took 3 of them to finally get one that works. The tech said that everytime some has a bad brick they send them back by UPS to some repair station and then send them back out into the field. It just depends what was wrong with the RG and who repaired it. He said that once he took one out because it failed and he encountered the same RG 9 moths later and it had crashed again.

go blue

join:2013-01-03
reply to jimmyipv6

I has the same RG and it took 3 of them to finally get one that worked. The tech said that everytime some has a bad brick they send them back by UPS to some repair station and they send them back out into the field. It just depends what was wrong with the RG and who repaired it. He said that once he took one out because it failed and he encountered the same RG 9 months later and it had crashed again.