uniqs
Bob4
Account deleted
join:2012-07-22
New Jersey

Bob4 to hitachi369

to hitachi369

Re: Car Accident & Insurance Claim Questions

But the insurance company will give him retail value, not auction value.
tcope
Premium Member
join:2003-05-07
Sandy, UT

tcope

Premium Member

said by Bob4:

But the insurance company will give him retail value, not auction value.

Depends on the carrier... as to what value the consider.

I don't think it's a total and I don't think either carrier has said it was yet. But if t is, then I'd recommend getting values from both carriers to see who will pay more. You might be surprised. I've worked for carries that average all 4 NADA values to determine value. I've worked for carriers that take the highest retail NADA value and pays this. This can mean a 20% difference in value.

A carrier would rather have you pick one carrier to go through but there is nothing to stop you for "thinking" about filing with each carrier, getting them to give a value, and then picking only one to file with.

drew
Radiant
Premium Member
join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA

drew

Premium Member

How can I see what the NADA values are?
tcope
Premium Member
join:2003-05-07
Sandy, UT

tcope

Premium Member

NADA.com (Consumer).

drew
Radiant
Premium Member
Port Orchard, WA

drew

Premium Member

Click for full size
Quite the difference in price between the four values. I sincerely doubt they'd pay out $11k for the vehicle.

If they valued it at $7.1k, I could see them totaling it out. Not at $8.5k+ though.
Bob4
Account deleted
join:2012-07-22
New Jersey

Bob4

The payout should be $11375 + tax - deductible. Assuming the web site provides real values.

Dealers in New Jersey use Galves, not NADA. I don't know what the insurance companies use.

drew
Radiant
Premium Member
Port Orchard, WA

drew

Premium Member

I bought it 3.5 years ago with 32k on it for $13.1k and everyone told me I got robbed.

»[Tech] 2006 Toyota Corolla