Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

footballdude
Premium
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO

Can Rex Ryan get any weirder?

Rex Ryan tattoo features woman in Mark Sanchez's New York Jets jersey - ESPN New York

»espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_···s-jersey
--
Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

fatness
subtle
Premium,ex-mod 01-13
join:2000-11-17
fishing
kudos:14

And she's Tebowing.

FFH
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5
reply to footballdude

No way should anyone interviewing for GM of Jets take the job if keeping Ryan is part of the deal. Any GM hire should make his 1st act on the job firing Ryan and his staff.
--
A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the public treasury.

capdjq
What, me care?
Premium
join:2000-11-01
Coastie
reply to footballdude

Didn't know that Rex Ryan had paparazzi following.

whizkid3
Premium,MVM
join:2002-02-21
Queens, NY
kudos:9
reply to footballdude

How is this even sports news?

FYI - I also heard that Rex got a strange haircut by a gay person! OMG!

Playoffs?

fatness
subtle
Premium,ex-mod 01-13
join:2000-11-17
fishing
kudos:14
reply to FFH

said by FFH:

No way should anyone interviewing for GM of Jets take the job if keeping Ryan is part of the deal. Any GM hire should make his 1st act on the job firing Ryan and his staff.

I don't like Ryan because he's a blowhard, but I wouldn't go that far.

I think any GM should be able to choose the head coach, and should be able to make his own evaluation of Ryan and either keep or fire him, and hire what coordinators the GM sees fit. The trend in the NFL seems to be away from that, though, with head coaches wanting say over personnel matters (which almost always works out badly).

It does seem to stack the deck in favor of Ryan to have him in place before hiring the GM though.
--
my pants are parched and thirsty

obeythelaw
Premium
join:2003-04-16
Bayonne, NJ
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to footballdude

No doubt he has idiosyncrasies. When he was first hired, news came out that he and his wife have a foot fetish and actually took pictures for a foot fetish website. I think it is weird that he would want a tat of sanchez's jersey on his arm regardless of the fact that the jersey is on his wife. What I think has got more of the jets fans in an uproar is that he may be giving sanchez extra preference. Maybe because his wife likes sanchez? to have a tatoo on your arm forever kinda shows some allegiance to sanchez, in my opinion.

berserken

join:2011-03-27
Oakland, CA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to footballdude

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
join:2006-12-28
Allendale, NJ
reply to footballdude

Its funny in its own way.

pro7070
BJ "The Prodigy" Penn
Premium
join:2002-06-28
Inman, SC
reply to footballdude

Thats gonna be dumb when he's coaching another team. No wonder he left Sanchez in so long this year. lol

footballdude
Premium
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO
reply to obeythelaw

said by obeythelaw:

I think it is weird that he would want a tat of sanchez's jersey on his arm regardless of the fact that the jersey is on his wife.

Exactly. If the jersey didn't have a specific number on it, no one would care. A tat of your wife in a football jersey? That's kind of nice. A tat of your wife in the jersey of a guy you played way too much and watched fail time and again? It's started to smell like you had another reason for playing the guy.
--
Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

I AM
Premium
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA
kudos:4
reply to fatness

said by fatness:

And she's Tebowing.

Don't get Tebow involved he deserves better.

Also just in the owner said Rex gets to say who the next GM is.