Kitchener, ON
kudos:2
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to GuiGQc

Re: New pricing 2013 - Nouveau prix 2013

said by GuiGQc:

said by creed3020:

It does from what I see. Click on the plan to expand it and click on the Features tab. I see "Unlimited from 2AM to 12PM" listed as a feature.

That's for DSL, not cable.

I know that. I was responding to his question about the 25/10 DSL package.

jasmo34

join:2008-03-20
London, ON

1 edit
reply to creed3020
said by creed3020:

From the posts I've see so far it does NOT seem clear to me if new EBOX customers would pay the dryloop on the 25/10 VDSL package. I'd really like to see some clarity on this. Thanks!

Any definitive answer on this?

The EBox announcement for Free Dry Loop only mentions the "ADSL FTTN" plans, but the website for both Ontario and Quebec 25/10 VDSL both DO say "FREE DRY LOOP".

edit: added "ADSL" to "ADSL FTTN"; and removed my 'assumption'.

antone

join:2013-01-10
East York, ON
reply to diskace
Hi,

I'm currently on Rogers Cable in Toronto and planning to switch. I'm interested in the DSL Speedline 15 package.

Does anyone have any experience from Toronto? I cannot find any reviews specifically for users in Ontario.

diskace
Electronic Box CEO
Premium,VIP
join:2002-02-21
kudos:3
For existing customers:

Dryloop is free on FTTN 7 / 15 / 25

Upgrade from 7/15 to 25 is 85$
Downgrade from 25 to 15/7 is 85$

Change speed 7 -> 15 is 25$
Change speed 15 -> 7 is 25$

Upgrade from Legacy 6 to any FTTN (7/15/25) is 85$

New client is:

50$ install when you buy a modem
70$ if you don't buy a modem

+ the plan
--
Electronic Box Inc. - Jean-Philippe Béïque
Ebox forum »ELECTRONICBOX

vitesse

join:2002-12-17
Saint-Jean-Sur-Richelieu, QC
reply to diskace
Dryloop is free on DSL network? I still pay it on one location. We need to call to have it free? This location is on the outdated Bell network (ATM).

eboxnat

join:2011-05-06
Montreal, QC
kudos:6
Dryloop is free for a new account, a new order with bell. It is only free with FTTN 7/15/25.

GuiGQc

join:2012-02-22
Gatineau, QC
Basically, unsubscribe and re-open an account with them to have it free? Haha

IamGimli

join:2004-02-28
Canada
kudos:2
said by GuiGQc:

Basically, unsubscribe and re-open an account with them to have it free? Haha

That won't work as old accounts are NOT on FTTN, since eBox just started offering FTTN.

NEW subscriptions, ONLY ON FTTN service (if available), get free dry loop.

GuiGQc

Gatineau, QC
Maybe unsubscribe from DSL 6, and re-open a FTTN 7 account?

eboxnat

Montreal, QC
reply to GuiGQc
That would work, we can disconnect the current service and reconnect a new FTTN 7,15 or 25/10.

There will be the installation cost which can be 85$ or 49.95$ with modem purchase/rental (at the time we order the installation).

vitesse

Reviews:
·ELECTRONICBOX
·voip.ms
·Bell Sympatico
·Videotron
reply to eboxnat
we are still on the outdated network in saint-jean-sur-richelieu, so basically they charge us 10.95 or something like that to remember us that we are still on a crapy ATM network. So we pay more to get less Too sad Videotron is not available at this location.

eboxnat

Montreal, QC
PM me your address and I can double check for you, maybe there is the potential for FTTN 7

vitesse

reply to diskace
Thanks I have done that

jasmo34

London, ON

1 edit
reply to eboxnat
said by eboxnat:

That would work, we can disconnect the current service and reconnect a new FTTN 7,15 or 25/10.

There will be the installation cost which can be 85$ or 49.95$ with modem purchase/rental (at the time we order the installation).

eboxnat... With that type of change (6M Legacy to 7M FTTN), the Quebec customer would be paying you $2/month more (on 100GB) for their plan, but they would now not pay the Dry Loop Fee. So, after paying new installation fees, they save money monthly, and get a slightly faster service (assuming FTTN is available at their location).

But wouldn't you end up paying Bell almost $10/month more for the FTTN service?

Am I missing something here, or perhaps reading the wrong pricing lists? Sounds expensive for you!

edit1: added phrase verifying new installation fees are required

vitesse

reply to diskace
Do they Sync at 7mbps on ADSL1 service?

ohmer

join:2003-08-06
Quebec, QC
kudos:1
reply to ohmer
said by ohmer:

Questions au sujet du forfait 60/250GB à 55$:

Si je déménage, je peux déménager mon forfait grandpérisé à ma nouvelle adresse?

Si je modifie mon nombre de bloc, je conserve mon tarif de base?

bump de ma question... une réponse svp

vitesse

Reviews:
·ELECTRONICBOX
·voip.ms
·Bell Sympatico
·Videotron
reply to diskace
Ebox peut dire pourquoi il charge la dry loop seulement sur le réseau modernisé de Bell? Faut avouer que c'est pas mal insultant pour ceux qui sont encore pogné avec la vielle cochonnerie en ATM étant donné que ça nous coute plus cher pour une vitesse moindre. Ceci dis j’attends une réponse de EboxNAT, mais je la connait déjà d'avance je crois

eboxnat

Montreal, QC
reply to jasmo34
We have worked hard to evaluate our costs for the new plans, and the pricing that was released is what makes sense for us
One of the things to keep in mind is that the FTTN plans do require a full install, have a 30 day warranty, thus are likely to hold less technicial issues that a Legacy 6mbps activation, thus will cost less in the long run.
Obviously that is not the biggest factor in our pricing but it is an important one

-Tash
--
Electronic Box Inc.
»ELECTRONICBOX
Natasha Contardi

eboxnat

Montreal, QC
reply to vitesse
Allo Vitesse,

Le promotion de Bell (qui donne la ligne sech grattos) est offert seulment sur les produits FTTN, j'imagine qu'ils veut moins d'abonnes sur ce "vieux" technologie.
Je te reviens demain avec la qualification de votre adresse.
--
Electronic Box Inc.
»ELECTRONICBOX
Natasha Contardi

jasmo34

London, ON
reply to eboxnat
OK, Thanx!

thejinx0r

join:2009-08-20
Kirkland, QC
reply to diskace
Is bell still changing EB for dry loop and you are absorbing the cost or is dry loop free to EB? (for FTTN).

And if it's the latter, is it a temporary promotion?

diskace
Electronic Box CEO
Premium,VIP
join:2002-02-21
kudos:3
said by thejinx0r:

Is bell still changing EB for dry loop and you are absorbing the cost or is dry loop free to EB? (for FTTN).

And if it's the latter, is it a temporary promotion?

This is a promotion for 2013. If you take advantage of the free dryloop promotion it will be grandfathered for your service address.

We do absorb the cost of dryloop in some circumstances and in other it is free.
--
Electronic Box Inc. - Jean-Philippe Béïque
Ebox forum »ELECTRONICBOX

vitesse

Reviews:
·ELECTRONICBOX
·voip.ms
·Bell Sympatico
·Videotron
reply to diskace
c'est réellement stupide de la part de Bell de pas offrir gratuitement sur le vieux réseau ATM. En plus de payer plus cher, on est limitéa 6mbps. entre la FTTN et le ATM , il y a 0 différence de cout au niveau du cable téléphonique acheminant le signal. Je félicite Bell pour faire chier les clients "oublier" du réseau.

La connexion câble du bureau #2 nous coute 31.95$ pour 10mbps/1.5mbps, la connexion DSL du bureau #1 nous coute 60$ pour du 5.1mbps/640kbps, Bell est dans le champs solide. quoi que même sans la dryloop il serait dans le champs, mais l'insuslte serais au moins pas la.
--
Connection: ElectronicBox 60mbps / 3mbps
Bilingual DSLR ElectronicBox Forum: »ELECTRONICBOX

andy

@ualconnections.net
reply to diskace
Will you be picking up the new 50/10 FTTN tier which was launched this week by Bell?

JonyBelGeul
Premium
join:2008-07-31
reply to diskace
said by diskace:

said by gnumantsc:

I'm happy for you guys Diskace. FINALLY EBOX HAS LAUNCHED VDSL!

Why such a price discrepency between Quebec and Ontario?

Because competition is higher in Ontario on pricing/speed and we negotiated better rates so we pass the saving to our clients instead of banking the extra profit.

Don't mean to hijack. But you must see how important this is, right? To me, it means the rates submitted by the incumbents to the CRTC are not based on costs, but on local competition, i.e. how much profits they can get away with. If the rates are not based on costs, yet rates are lower, then costs must also be lower, then the CRTC must review the whole thing and issue new lower rates accordingly.

/end of hijack
--
My blog. Wanna Git My Ball on Blogspot.

ghost_face

@electronicbox.net
In a perfect world this would be the case. But unfortunatly for all of us. We are far from a perfect world and the crtc is not here for the public but for the big corporations. We just got proof of this a few weeks ago with there new rates on cable service's.

GuiGQc

Gatineau, QC
reply to andy
said by Andy6:

Will you be picking up the new 50/10 FTTN tier which was launched this week by Bell?

Hasn't the 50/10 been available for quite a while now? What's new about it for next week?