spc
uniqs

lugnut
@communications.com

lugnut to eweazel

Anon

to eweazel

Re: Building an HTPC vs a Media Server

I picked up a couple of Roku 2 XS boxes just before xmas and I gotta say I'm really happy with them. Though to be honest I should have saved myself $30 a piece and bought the XD models instead. Really the only things the XS offers over the XD are a physical ethernet port and a full copy of angry birds.

I never needed the ethernet ports and angry birds just becomes an exercise in frustration once you're stuck at a level.

No Huluplus though. You have to enter a valid credit card and address to activate the boxes and that determines what apps you have access to.

eweazel
join:2008-12-09
Etobicoke, ON

eweazel

said by lugnut :

I picked up a couple of Roku 2 XS boxes just before xmas and I gotta say I'm really happy with them. Though to be honest I should have saved myself $30 a piece and bought the XD models instead. Really the only things the XS offers over the XD are a physical ethernet port and a full copy of angry birds.

I never needed the ethernet ports and angry birds just becomes an exercise in frustration once you're stuck at a level.

No Huluplus though. You have to enter a valid credit card and address to activate the boxes and that determines what apps you have access to.

The Roku's look good, I rather have it wired ethernet the wireless, but thats my preference. I am assuming it would work with unblock us in me getting the american stuff.

J E F F4
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium Member
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4 to lugnut

Premium Member

to lugnut
said by lugnut :

Go to 7/11, buy a MasterCard, activate to US address, like Oregon, open iTunes account to same US zip code, buy HuluPlus subscription, use Unblock-Us for DNS, reset Roku, boot it back, it will think you're American, and activate the Roku box over the Internet.