Cloneman

join:2002-08-29
Montreal
kudos:4
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Bell Fibe
reply to Cloneman

Re: Tomato QoS major bug (resolved - normal behavior)

I've done some testing with the special TC-ATM patch builds which attempt to fix the ATM overhead QoS problem on ADSL.

I'll be creating a new thread shortly to explain this. Basically, with ADSL, small packets like VoIP packets get 'lost' because QoS doesn't account for ATM overhead properly. The patch takes care of that.

Without the patch,you have to take 50% of the upload off the table as your maximum - not an ideal solution. The patch fixes this for me.

The experimental patch is available here:
»www.box.com/s/45a87641237557490213

If you're using Cable or VDSL, regular toastman builds are fine.

mikefxu

join:2004-10-05
Titusville, FL
said by Cloneman:

I've done some testing with the special TC-ATM patch builds which attempt to fix the ATM overhead QoS problem on ADSL.

I'll be creating a new thread shortly to explain this. Basically, with ADSL, small packets like VoIP packets get 'lost' because QoS doesn't account for ATM overhead properly. The patch takes care of that.

Without the patch,you have to take 50% of the upload off the table as your maximum - not an ideal solution. The patch fixes this for me.

The experimental patch is available here:
»www.box.com/s/45a87641237557490213

If you're using Cable or VDSL, regular toastman builds are fine.

Has this thread been created yet? I have a Motorola 3347 and to the best of my searching it is a ADSL modem.

Edit: Is this it? »Cloneman's Tomato QoS Tips for adsl, vdsl2, and cable