how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

SteveJobs

join:2012-07-18
reply to Hank

Re: Getting slammed

I talked with Christine at frontiers online chat, and she said someone is trying to slam it, but have only done so part way, if we go over our 30 minutes of long distance we will be slammed by the FCA, which I have no clue who they are.

Hank
Searching for a new Frontier
Premium
join:2002-05-21
Burlington, WV
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
She may be talking about the False Claims Act, but I don't know how that applies here. Frontier can stop the transfer if you tell them to do so. That was my circumstance. It did not cost anything to have the block placed on our service. But I am unclear about the 30 minute over you long distance. Is it that someone is actually using your long distance service without your permission?

SteveJobs

join:2012-07-18

1 edit
She said its a long distance company, and she wanted to put a block on it and it's free. And 30 minutes is how many minutes we have with digital phone essentials.

Hank
Searching for a new Frontier
Premium
join:2002-05-21
Burlington, WV
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..

1 recommendation

OK, that makes sense. The nice thing about the block being placed is if someone tries to move you and Frontier will call you. I'll have to go back and review the information, but if I remember correctly in order to change to another long distance provider you will have to provide authorization to Frontier in writing.

big_e

join:2011-03-05
reply to SteveJobs
said by SteveJobs:

I talked with Christine at frontiers online chat, and she said someone is trying to slam it, but have only done so part way, if we go over our 30 minutes of long distance we will be slammed by the FCA, which I have no clue who they are.

I believe you are referring to the 30 day limit. If you are slammed you have 30 days to protest the fraudulent activity and be not be able to be held liable for those charges. Once beyond 30 days it will be considered a valid debt/contract you will be obliged to pay the long distance carrier whatever they have charged you.

gozer
Premium
join:2010-08-09
Rochester, NY
To answer two things idk about a 30 day thing but know about the law and dought the 30 day limit basicly the limit on anything that defrauded or scamed someone is min 3 years. And to Steve about the going over the 30 min of free LD has nothing to do with a 3rd party LD company trying or performing a slam on you to make them your LD carrier as the set default one. If you go over the 30 min of free LD and make a LD call it will just default to Frontier and you will be charged thier standard LD rate per min.