Kill cancer
Premium
join:2002-09-10
canada
Reviews:
·voip.ms
reply to eweazel

Re: Building an HTPC vs a Media Server

I am personally getting sick of the WD Live box, the QC of the software is down there with Shaw motorola satellite boxes.
Awful, and I will not buy either product again.
--
~ Project Hope ~

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
kudos:2
Reviews:
·VMedia

said by EUS:

I am personally getting sick of the WD Live box, the QC of the software is down there with Shaw motorola satellite boxes.
Awful, and I will not buy either product again.

Thier QC does suck bad.. they are rolling out alpha's/betas and expecting their customers to find the bugs.

There was a release awhile ago that ejected the USB powered drives arbitrarily. Then another "update' that stopped seeing network shares.

Just incredible. I stopped updating mine.. it works fine and i don't really care about being able to control it from my iDevice(the latest "fix").

I have the AIOS HD player, but I can't stand the GUI, not to mention they are SOO slow in releasing updates to the firmware.

I bought it because it was supposed to play BR ISO's, but I found out that it doesn't support BR-Java menus.
--
No, I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake.......

EUS
Kill cancer
Premium
join:2002-09-10
canada

It's not just the alphas/betas, the production s-ware is terrible too.
--
~ Project Hope ~