spc
Search similar:

uniqs
wftomlin1
join:2011-02-08
Grand Ledge, MI

wftomlin1

Home Fusion disconnects

Hello. I had HF installed a couple of months ago and have had daily disconnects. They last from 2 - 15 minutes and I'm reconnected automatically. Some posts on the Verizon Wireless Forums (community.verizonwireless.com) indicate a bad router firmware upgrade in August. Their 'techs' advise the typical - reboot the router and PC. I don't need to reboot, it corrects itself within a few minutes, but it's frustrating when trying to download a PC software upgrade or making on-line reservations, etc.

Is the Verizon supplied router the only option?

Anyone having the same problems and had any luck figuring it out?

Thanks.

admin123
@myvzw.com

admin123

Anon

Get used to it cause it not going away. it is said to be a bad firmware.

isp10002
join:2012-10-24

isp10002 to wftomlin1

to wftomlin1
Well if you want a new router you have to put the orginal homefusion router in bridge mode,and connect your other router you want to it.
licklog
join:2006-06-14
Sevierville, TN

licklog to wftomlin1

to wftomlin1
I have had the same issue since my install in September. I was also told that it is a vendor issue with the cantenna and that my ticket is part of the master ticket which has yet to be resolved. After going dark all Thanksgiving Day, I demanded a new cantenna which they installed the following Saturday. Disconnects have dropped significantly and have been aware of only one or two since then. I have a MBR connected Wifi as WAN with the Verizon modem and have alerts notifying me whenever they is a loss of signal.

With the original Cantenna I was also being shown usage of around 15mb per day even when I was out of town with nothing connected to the system. Verizon said that it was my usage not their equipment. After the new Cantenna only using 1-2mb per day under the same conditions. So much for Verizon tech knowledge. I believe that the system disconnecting/connecting throughout the day may have been the cause of this excess data usage. You might want to check yours.
shennessy
join:2006-09-12
New Freedom, PA

shennessy to wftomlin1

to wftomlin1
Same issue I am having and many others are having.
»community.verizonwireles ··· e/900324

Verizon tech support is as usual worthless. They wont admit any issues and want to charge you $150 to get a contractor to come visit your house and tell you everything looks fine, or replace the canteena. They wont credit your account, they wont waive the fee, this seems like its a profit center for them!

The equipment or network is not at all ready for this and the technology needs another year or so to be a viable consumer product. I had better luck with a 4G USB dongle. Now I am locked into a 2 year contract with a piece of junk I need to reboot everyday to get it to work right.
TexasRebel
join:2011-05-29
Edgewood, TX

TexasRebel to wftomlin1

to wftomlin1
been getting the occasional disconnect too. check the modem and I've got a flashing red light on the 4G indicator. Try to access the modem with a browser and it comes up but says the HBA is `Unreachable'. Wait about 5 mins and still got the flashing red light, but for some odd reason, I can get out to the internet just fine. Speeds are good as expected, but according to the main screen on the modem, it's showing the HBA as unreachable.

I sure hope this gets fixed pretty damn soon.

Another complaint I have is this HBR and HBA setup, which is the goofiest crap I've seen in how this is supposedly working. The HBA (Cantenna) has it's own damn DHCP and DNS, then it's supposedly bridged to the HBR (router), which has a DHCP and DNS too. I simply can't figure out why they went with such a setup..

All they needed was a antenna with a 1W amplifier on it and just have all the radio gear in the modem.

Oh well hopefully in the not too distant future, software and firmware upgrades will make the HBR and HBA more easy to understand and configure.
TexasRebel

TexasRebel to wftomlin1

to wftomlin1
got the disconnect just before midnight and within a couple of minutes I had internet access, but the 4G-LTE indicator on the router just kept flashing red. The HBA is `Unreachable'.

I power cycled the HBA (Cantenna) and then the HBR (Router). No change in the flashing red indicator. Issued a reboot on both the HBA and HBR.. Still no change and I did wait 15-20 minutes after the power cycle to trying rebooting. Still showing `Unreachable' to the HBA.

All this time I could still get out to the internet with no problems.

Last thing I decided to do was restore the HBR to factory settings.

Within 1 minute of doing the restore. The 4G-LTE light was flashing green and I could access the HBA and I was showing connected to 4G on the main screen. There is something definitely jacked with the software on the HBR.

What's really sad is, I have no idea who the hell `Technicolor' is in regards to being a router manufacturer. Crap is made in Vietnam.

Why wouldn't VZW go with a a Cisco, Netgear or at least one of the top 3 router manufacturers to build their equipment..

Seems like every damn company these days is cutting corners on quality..

I saw it with ViaSat with Exede, Hughesnet with HNG4, and now even with VZW with HomeFusion..

This is getting pretty bad...
silbaco
Premium Member
join:2009-08-03
USA

silbaco to wftomlin1

Premium Member

to wftomlin1
A firmware update should be able to fix the problem. Hopefully they will push one out before too long.

wizkid6
join:2002-03-31
Opelika, AL

wizkid6 to TexasRebel

to TexasRebel
said by TexasRebel:

What's really sad is, I have no idea who the hell `Technicolor' is in regards to being a router manufacturer.

Right here is the product page for the router.
TexasRebel
Edgewood, TX

TexasRebel

yeah, well I saw that, but it's still not a well known vendor in my book for router manufacturing.. It's must only be exclusive with Verizon products.

xrayman
join:2008-12-09
Kansas City

xrayman

I recall having a Technicolor dial-up modem back in the 90s.
I see they also make cable set top boxes.
They must do a lot of custom jobs the top three don't want.
Cattlelady
join:2012-08-01
Taneytown, MD

Cattlelady to wftomlin1

to wftomlin1
Well in a way I am glad to see your posting, I was beginning to think it was something on my end.

The drops are getting more frequent. The speeds have dropped dramatically. I wasn't rebooting for quite sometime and then suddenly I was getting connected to Wichita Kansas instead of locally and then I would get speeds so slow it was way worse then dialup.

Of course they want to replace the Cantenna, I've told them it's not the Cantenna but they won't understand. I've had this system since September and it's degraded dramatically!
EvdOSpeeD
Premium Member
join:2009-04-18
Mount Airy, MD

EvdOSpeeD to wftomlin1

Premium Member

to wftomlin1
FWIW, Verizon advised me today that a firmware update will be launched towards the end of February that corrects a known disconnect (provisioning) issue associated with the Home Fusion Cantenna. I love my 4G. I'll love it more when it stays connected .
rza49311
join:2010-11-11
united state

rza49311

I don't have homefusion nor 4g in my area yet but I have been researching it and reading all about these disconnect issues. It does seem like firmware could be the issue and I hope that new update will fix it. If the service worked fine for months then started dropping then I'd say software/firmware is to blame. I want homefusion because it's the only option other than satellite. I currently have a MIFI but I'm hoping the homefusion setup will pull in a stronger signal. Can anyone comment on their phone signal and how good 4g signal is through the home fusion setup? I get 2 bars of 3g and my speeds vary from 200-800Kbps on my MIFI.
Maybe just a coincidence but I remember when I got my first 4g phone(Motorola Bionic), it too had dropped data issues and a reboot was the only way to fix it. My Droid RAZR has them occasionally too but its rare. Almost seems like homefusion is going through the same growing pains.
EvdOSpeeD
Premium Member
join:2009-04-18
Mount Airy, MD

EvdOSpeeD

Premium Member

My Galaxy Note 2 indicates a 4G signal of -70 dbm next to my cantenna and never disconnects. The Home Fusion signal has 5 out of 5 bars lit up and disconnects. Many of my disconnects have been associated with when Verizon analyzes my usage. Kinda funny. As soon as my Home Fusion disconnects, I know my usage has been updated.

Dian
@myvzw.com

Dian

Anon

DO NOT trust these people. We've had a nightmare all day today. We ordered this thing, being told they would come in and install. They sent out a guy who came in and asked us how our house was wired, didn't know where to put the router, disconnected our DirecTV splitter, connected some power to a cable, ran out of my house saying "I smell smoke, I did something wrong". Came in and said "it's okay now", hooked up the Homefusion, made sure the computers were working, and literally ran out of my house. We were shocked. He was just gone ... poof! Of course now, our entire DirecTV system is out. We called him on the cell he called us to get directions from, and his answer was "I don't know what's wrong". We've been trying to get someone out all day to check to 1) make sure we don't have a wire burning in the wall and 2)to fix what he broke. This is a nightmare. Verizon punts to Centurion, Centurion refuses to let us speak to a manager, and Verizon has had us on hold constantly. This is horrible!!!!

DesertOne
@qwest.net

DesertOne

Anon

Thanks for your updates, I appreciate the information. I was told by Verizon today 'we've been on this disconnection problem for two months that some users are experiencing' and efforts on a fix was mentioned in their logs as recently as two weeks ago (1/15/13). The tech rep also said 'we are new at this: these questions used to go to some call centers... now they go to others.'
TexasRebel
Edgewood, TX

TexasRebel

I'm about to call in and tell them to give me discount for them using a crappy hardware vendor. I'm not supposed to be paying for multiple disconnects per day because of bad firmware and or hardware.

I don't know who designed the HF hardware, but it's horrible. It's basically two routers that are bridged together with very little customization. You can't change the IP subnet, unlike what you can with other routers from other vendors.

The router and radio should have been one box with the Cantenna being a RF amp and highgain antenna. Would have been easier to work with.

Hopefully, the coming firmware update will fix this problem and possibly add more customizing features to the router.. Doubtful thou...

admin123
@myvzw.com

admin123

Anon

I hope an upgrade will come soon cause HF is a great home service gaming is so smooth for me.
firepong
join:2006-08-08
Bay, AR

firepong to wftomlin1

to wftomlin1
I have to say. I finally gave in today and called Customer Support. They are sending a tech out tomorrow because my internet just crapped out, surprisingly right after I hit my 50% usage mark.

The sucker isn't even working anymore, stuck on connecting and when it does connect, it says Connected for like 2 minutes, then drops signal and says connecting again. Remind you, even when connected, it wasn't connected at all. I couldn't do anything at all.

The only reason I still have internet right now is because I kept my old WISP connection running since it was only $25 a month. It might be shit, but it still keeps me connected to the interwebs.

P.S. Thankfully, I had red the fine print when I signed up and got the Insurance or I wouldn't even have this internet anymore. I would have cancelled my contract then and there and would have told them to shove it if they charged me the cancellation fee for something that hasn't been working for almost 2 days.
TexasRebel
Edgewood, TX

TexasRebel

reset the HBR (router) to factory settings and see if that clears it up. Every once and a while I drop connection and then access the HBR and it says the Cantenna is Unreachable. After I reset the router to factory settings, it connects and the connection stays up for a day or so before I get the usual connection drop which comes back up in about 10 mins.

Nearly half way through Feb. I hope they have a firmware fix for this by month's end. Else I'm going to demand that they give me a $20-$30 discount each month for using crappy hardware.
firepong
Bay, AR

firepong

Sadly, already tried it. Didn't work. Hopefully, the tech coming tomorrow will be able to do something for me. Like I said, I'm thankful I got the insurance when I started using HomeFusion or I would have just canceled the insurance then and there when it dropped.
firepong

1 edit

firepong to wftomlin1

to wftomlin1
Well, the Tech came out while I was at work today (if you could call him a tech). My aunt said he was roaming around on my desktop in places he shouldn't be considering he was ONLY SUPPOSE to work on the internet. Well, he was on the phone with me for a good 30 minutes about what is wrong with this and what is wrong with that. Mostly that my network setup was bad (router in one room with my desktop wireless connected with a D-Link 300N USB Dongle). He tried to tell me that it was my Dongle's problem and that it could affect my connection.

No, it's not the dongle. He said the internet worked fine while he was here and even connected it to my 2 Kindles and my other desktop, which rarely ever connect to my HomeFusion router. He said it loaded Google fine... Like hell it did.

I'm going to be calling them again tomorrow and have them send out a more informed Tech. I'm going to them tell them I want him here BEFORE 4PM (not 6:30 like this time). No, I want him to come when I AM AT HOME! Not when someone else that doesn't know jack shit about what the internet actually is.

P.S. Can any of you guys tell me how this is the object of a working connection? This is how my page has been sitting since hte internet has went out 2 days ago. That Down-link reading definitely doesn't look right since its never done anything above 7 for the past 2 days.. Yes, I know my IMEI number shows, but if this keeps up, I won't even have this internet anymore, so it doesn't matter.

»i.imgur.com/FXaVo7p.png?1
DesertOne
join:2013-02-14
Tucson, AZ

DesertOne to DesertOne

to DesertOne
Conclusion: Verizon Home-Fusion Problems - Product Inoperable

Observations from 22 Days of Verizon & Homeowner Efforts
Dates: Jan 17- Feb 6, 2013
Location: Tucson, AZ near Prince Rd & Soldier Trail Rd, stated by Verizon to be “in a very good 4G zone for reception, one mile from the cell phone tower supplying the 4G service”

Sales: Verizon store personnel didn’t know how to complete sales documentation, having sold very few units

Installation: well-trained, responsive, polite installer

The Cantenna: four different ones were replaced, all but one failed to maintain an internet connection longer than 12 hours, breaking connection (and failing to reconnect until power cycled via unplugging) up to eight times a day

The Router: twice replaced, no observations

The Tech Support:

- multiple failed attempts stopped cold at the Verizon main phone number (disconnected, wrong extension, Spanish language, etc.)

- first level technical personnel could offer only two interventions: unplug the cantennae or unplug the cable router; they had no other information available of any kind

- second level technical support were surly and had no further assistance

- third level (“trouble ticket”) personnel had access to the network functioning in the area but their interventions were also limited to hardware replacement or rebooting; they pointed towards ‘a drive around’ to access 4G reception in the area but could not schedule same within install time frames, ‘or for several weeks’

- when asked the third time via different technical support personnel, the Company agreed to extend the 14 day window of free use of the product for another 14 days; customer ended effort at 22 days having no confidence in the product nor the technical support and having spent nearly thirty hours trouble-shooting the devices

The Internet Connection:

- speeds as advertised, but wildly variable on ping, download and upload, and showing many spikes on Speedtest.net graphs suggesting poor connections; no Verizon personnel had access to devices nor online data that could pinpoint and remedy the problems

rza49311
join:2010-11-11
united state

rza49311

A guy over on the verizon forum is saying he got a firmware update.

The new HBA Firmware version 20.9.49.300.49.
78204168 (banned)
join:2013-02-28

78204168 (banned)

still on 20.9.49.300.48.5 here in East Texas.

admin123
@myvzw.com

admin123

Anon

Mine is now 20.9.49.300.49 too.
78204168 (banned)
join:2013-02-28

78204168 (banned)

give us an update on if you still get disconnects. I've tried unplugging power to the HBA and waited 15 mins and it didn't pickup any new firmware. I guess new firmware is being rolled out by region.
firepong
Bay, AR

firepong

Remove power to both the router and Cantenna for a few minutes or just go into the Settings and force a HBA restart through that. I live in NorthEast Arkansas and I believe I got the update Wednesday night when my internet shut off and I did a HBA reboot. I am on 20.9.49.300.49 firmware right now and have to say, I can already tell a difference on how the router works. I got a good 20ms ping decrease on my games (was running ~120ms ping, now running 90-100ms ping). Don't know if it was the firmware update or not, but my pings weren't that low before my internet went out.

admin123
@myvzw.com

admin123

Anon

Ill update if the firmware is working for me in few days. but yes pings are better weird lol.