MVM
join:2000-04-13
USA

1 recommendation

jaykaykay to SueS

MVM

to SueS

Re: I'd like your hear your thoughts

Jodokast96, what a gorgeous example! Another one that people see every day is painting on motor cycles. Often times, the pianting is a photo of some graffitti, shot first with a camera and then put on the cycle. Sometimes, it's a part of a beatiful scene such as a sunset. But first, once again, it starts with a photo. Art is art in whatever form one does it, and if it begins as a photo, fantastic. Think of a wonderful painting of an old, past relative. The only way one could really paint a picture of that person is either free hand or from a photograph, albeit an old one that has outlived the relative.

SueS
Premium Member
join:2007-05-16
Macon, MO

SueS to Jodokast96

Premium Member

to Jodokast96
said by Jodokast96:

While you guys are arguing, allow me to interject with an example: »vianaarts.deviantart.com/

Carry on.

Exceptional talent!

Hayward0
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium Member
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL

1 edit

Hayward0 to SueS

Premium Member

to SueS
said by SueS:

Any painter will have their own identity in their work, no two painters work will look the same.

Ah that is my exact point artists that practice this type of painting, no there would be near ZERO difference without a magnifying glass and study between any two...

Again the point is to reproduce an EXACT replica of the of the object or photo...absolutely nothing of the artist...a pixel by pixel copy. Might as well be done much faster and cheaper by a machine as that is all they are laboriously being.
Hayward0

Hayward0 to Jodokast96

Premium Member

to Jodokast96
said by Jodokast96:

While you guys are arguing, allow me to interject with an example: »vianaarts.deviantart.com/

Carry on.

Yeah that's the kind of stuff, though the second girls is clearly art and not literal photo representation.

Also being sold at photo kind of prices not hundreds or thousand I have seen asked for them when they are originals. (Though not necessarily not reproduced too)

And again I am not saying there is no talent involved, just no personality of the artist which again there is in the second girl theere is not in the cats or the first girl.