kudos:10
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·Start Communicat..
reply to MaynardKrebs

Re: New pricing 2013 - Electronic Box

said by MaynardKrebs:

said by dillyhammer:

Seems to have calmed down now but if I get any more grief I'll likely move.

To which service?

Not sure. Taking suggestions though.

Mike
--
Cogeco - The New UBB Devil -»[Burloak] Usage Based Billing Nightmare
Cogeco UBB, No Modem Required - »[Niagara] 40gb of "usage" while the modem is unplugged

Dunlop

join:2011-07-13
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Bell Fibe
reply to Davesnothere
said by Davesnothere:

Try out the budget VoIP before feeding the dog any extra - It may be all that you need.

Lots of good experienced advice HERE »VOIP Tech Chat

Just decide what you want to do about 911 before cancelling the POTS though.

This new eBOX stuff looks to be a decent deal.

Cheers !

Can't stress this enough, been using VOIP.ms for a couple of weeks now. I purchased a DID and then forwarded my Videotron phone to it to test out the quality and reliability over time and it has been amazing.

For me it is mostly because my home phone is so seldomly used and I do not want to lose the number.

What about 911? Voip.ms has an option for e911 for $1.50 a month

pc8888

join:2011-05-31
estonia
reply to diskace
$32.95/month for 15/1 DSL is pretty attractive.

What modem would you guys recommend if I want to buy my own modem that would work on both 15 and 25 mbits speed? Just want to future proof my setup if I decided to upgrade later.

BliZZardX
Premium
join:2002-08-18
Toronto, ON
Buy a used Sagemcom 2864, they support both ADSL2 and VDSL2

Dcite

join:2006-05-12
Mississauga, ON
reply to diskace
If we already have the Speedline basic 6
How much would it cost to upgrade to Speedline high speed 15?

(Would love to hop to 25/10 but the rental makes it too much of a price jump...)

diskace
Electronic Box CEO
Premium,VIP
join:2002-02-21
85$

Dcite

join:2006-05-12
Mississauga, ON

1 edit
... Upgrading from a basic tier to the next = change of address fee?
That or the page has the wording confused. (Details shows $85 to move, $25 for change of speed)

EDIT (Since I am the last post)

Is this True 15/1 and 25/10 (as in will see these speeds on speedtest.net)
Or is it a Sync rate of 15mbit/1mbit and 25mbit/10mbit? (Where speedtest will show a number which is lower than the tier)

antone

join:2013-01-10
East York, ON
reply to diskace
Hi all,

I'm currently on Rogers Cable in Toronto. I'm interested in switching to the DSL Speedline 15.

Does anyone in Toronto/GTA have any experience with Electronic Box? I've search thru the site and couldn't find much and Googled reviews even...

Thanks,
Antone

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON
kudos:10
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·Start Communicat..
said by antone:

Does anyone in Toronto/GTA have any experience with Electronic Box? I've search thru the site and couldn't find much and Googled reviews even...

FWIW....

A friend of mine has been with Ebox for ages. He actually quit Magma Communications to switch to Ebox. He asked me to come along but I took a pass as Magma, at that time, was one of the best. I spoke with my friend 2 days ago and asked. He's still on Ebox. Close to 9 years now I think. He wouldn't dream of moving.

I was very close to going with Ebox when I gave Cogeco the boot, then decided to go back to TSI for personal reasons.

Mike
--
Cogeco - The New UBB Devil -»[Burloak] Usage Based Billing Nightmare
Cogeco UBB, No Modem Required - »[Niagara] 40gb of "usage" while the modem is unplugged

imingta

@electronicbox.net
reply to antone
said by antone:

Hi all,

I'm currently on Rogers Cable in Toronto. I'm interested in switching to the DSL Speedline 15.

Thanks,
Antone

I've been with them and it's been smooth sailing so far:

C:\>tracert -d google.com

Tracing route to google.com [74.125.226.41]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms 10.0.0.1
2 18 ms 18 ms 17 ms 74.116.184.12
3 17 ms 17 ms 35 ms 74.116.184.2
4 21 ms 17 ms 17 ms 69.31.141.1
5 25 ms 46 ms 25 ms 69.22.142.81
6 60 ms 25 ms 25 ms 206.108.34.6
7 26 ms 25 ms 25 ms 216.239.47.114
8 25 ms 26 ms 25 ms 64.233.175.132
9 25 ms 25 ms 25 ms 74.125.226.41

Trace complete.

eboxnat

join:2011-05-06
Montreal, QC
kudos:6
reply to Dcite
Hi!

The change of 25$ will apply for any switch between FTTN technologies.
Unfortunately going from Legacy 6 to FTTN 7 or FTTN 15 or even VDSL 25 will be the full installation cost.

From what I understand of the 25/10 VDSL the profile is supposed to be slightly higher than 25 however the orders for that service are still not completed (in the next few days they will be) so I do not have an example to refer to.
--
Electronic Box Inc.
»ELECTRONICBOX
Natasha Contardi

EboxSyl

@electronicbox.net
Now we received the confirmation from the provider.

The only time a change will be 25$ it's when a customer already on the new 7 or 15 (without dryloop fees) change to the other plan (7 or 15). Any other combination will cost 85$. The provider clarified what he meant by "FTTN" and it excludes the 25 plan (called VDSL).

So if you want a free dryloop: 85$
If you want to upgrade from FTTN to VDSL: 85$
If you want to downgrade from VDSL to FTTN: 85$

We are sorry about the confusion.

Davesnothere
No-BHELL-ity DOES have its Advantages
Premium
join:2009-06-15
START Today!
kudos:7
said by EboxSyl :

....We are sorry about the confusion.

It sounds to me like much of the confusion is because folks think/believe that the OLD 6 (LEGACY DSL) and the NEW 7 (FTTN DSL) are the same thing, just because they are advertised as having (*UP TO*) almost the same speed.

stokkes
Premium
join:2004-01-22
Nepean, ON
reply to diskace
Just signed up for Ebox and had it installed today. Switched from TSI cable to Ebox 25/10. Speed tests show about 25.04/9.87 so pretty good I'd say.

Question: I got a static IP ad don and was wondering if there's a way for the fine folks at Ebox to set up a reverse lookup with my custom domain? Is this something you guys can do?

Thanks and great service so far. Liking the speeds!

diskace
Electronic Box CEO
Premium,VIP
join:2002-02-21
said by stokkes:

Just signed up for Ebox and had it installed today. Switched from TSI cable to Ebox 25/10. Speed tests show about 25.04/9.87 so pretty good I'd say.

Question: I got a static IP ad don and was wondering if there's a way for the fine folks at Ebox to set up a reverse lookup with my custom domain? Is this something you guys can do?

Thanks and great service so far. Liking the speeds!

Yes we can do it. Email support@electronicbox.net with your ip and the domain you want for the reverse lookup.
--
Electronic Box Inc. - Jean-Philippe Béïque
Ebox forum »ELECTRONICBOX

sunnyd71

join:2004-05-22
l7z2t4
reply to diskace
I was just wondering why the modem fee for the Bell 25/10 modem from you is $10 a month versus $8 with velcom and TekSavvy and a one time $50 fee with Bell. They all come directly from Bell no?