join:2001-06-29

4 edits

Gone Fishing

Premium Member

[Info] New and Improved Vonage Online Account

quote:
Vonage Customer Care

Coming Soon - A New and Improved Online Account

Great news! We will be rolling out a brand-new online account experience. Soon, you'll be able to manage your account features from a tablet, smartphone or laptop. Signing into your account and customizing your features will also be vastly simplified. The time savings will be incredible!

Even better, the entire launch process will be seamless. There will be no service changes at all — even with your Extensions !

When the new interface launches, we'll send you an email notifying you that it's ready.

Thank you for your continued loyalty,

The Vonage Service Team

Learn More

quote:
s u p p o r t . v o n a g e . c o m

New and Improved Online Account

Get ready for a better online experience with Vonage, with easy access to the features you use most. Our new online interface is rolling out soon, with improved navigation to save you time and make managing your account a breeze.

Improved Calling Features Management - The new Features section allows you to quickly set up and manage all your calling features, such as Voicemail, Call Forwarding and Do Not Disturb.

(Image)

Easier Extensions® Setup - Easily manage your Vonage Extensions, giving you all the benefits of your home phone calling plan right on your mobile.

Quicker Billing Information - Call logs can be quickly accessed and displayed in an easy-to-read format.

Access from Mobile Devices - Your Online Account is optimized for use on mobile smartphones, making it easy to manage many features, listen to Voicemail messages, pay a past due bill, or update personal settings from your mobile smartphone.

(Image)

Learn More @ »support.vonage.com/app/a ··· _id/9142

cork1958
Cork
Premium Member
join:2000-02-26

cork1958

Premium Member

Does anyone really sign into their account that often so that "The time savings will be incredible! "

Already can't remember the last time I signed into my account!

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

1 edit

NetFixer to Gone Fishing

Premium Member

to Gone Fishing
I can "quickly set up and manage all my calling features, such as Voicemail, Call Forwarding and Do Not Disturb" now.

This sounds like just another case of fixing something that isn't broken. Or perhaps just an excuse for a Vonage website coder to implement a me too "Metro" cell phone style interface.

garys_2k
Premium Member
join:2004-05-07
Farmington, MI

garys_2k to Gone Fishing

Premium Member

to Gone Fishing
Wow, better a new web interface than selective call filtering...

That lack was one of my reasons for leaving Vonage.

Gone Fishing
Premium Member
join:2001-06-29

Gone Fishing

Premium Member

quote:
support.vonage.com

Vonage Online Account

NOTE: Vonage is transitioning customers to an improved Online Account. If the content on this page does not match your current account setup, try this article...

Date Updated: 01/10/2013

»support.vonage.com/app/a ··· ccount./

Gone Fishing

2 edits

Gone Fishing

Premium Member

[Info] New and Improved Vonage Online - FEEDBACK

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

NetFixer

Premium Member

said by Gone Fishing:

I am not a Vonage customer:
»ips-comment.iperceptions ··· n=108094

I am a Vonage customer:
»ips-comment.iperceptions ··· n=108096

VONAGE
»www.vonage.com

Is there a point for all these posts about a currently nonexistent new Vonage account management site?

benjamin
All propositions are of equal value
Premium Member
join:2000-12-20
New York, NY

benjamin

Premium Member

said by NetFixer:

Is there a point for all these posts about a currently nonexistent new Vonage account management site?

Actually, the new site is rolling out--it would seem progressively. One of my accounts was just transitioned to it a few days ago.

Have to say the new site is much nicer. Among the improvements: features are easier to manage (certain options that were confusing before are much clearer now) and you can undelete voicemails from the last 24 hours. Plus, as noted above, there is a mobile version.

I haven't really had a chance to look at anything in much detail yet but I like what I've seen so far. Now, it would be great to see Vonage roll out some new features to go with the new site!

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

1 edit

NetFixer

Premium Member

I don't recall seeing anything on the current account management site that I considered to be confusing.

I suppose that being able to undelete a deleted voicemail might be handy for some, but I already have voicemail sent to an email account for archival purposes, so I don't think I would really have a need for that. Plus, the original management site does have a trash bin for deleted voicemails from which deleted voicemails can be retrieved, so I am not really sure what the new "undelete" function really does that can not be done with the original management site. Or is this perhaps one of the "confusing" things about the original site? I guess I will have to wait for my management site to be "improved" so that I can see if it is less "confusing".

The mobile version is what I suspect triggered the redesign of the management site, and that is happening to a lot of sites these days (the me too syndrome is pervasive).

The only change I have seen so far is not with the management site itself, but the initial login page now almost immediately gets a reduced functionality (AKA less confusing?) JavaScript overlay that actually eliminates a very important security feature; the "new improved, less confusing" login page no longer has an option to not remember the last user name. The option to jump to a specific section of the management site has also been removed in the "new improved" login page (I guess that is also a new "confusion reduction" feature).

Here is the old login page:

Notice the option to not remember the user name

Here is the new login page:

Now, the user name is always remembered

And it is not just a cosmetic error of forgetting to show the security option; if you have JavaScript enabled (which is required for the rest of the site), the login page is no longer as secure as it used to be because the user name is remembered.

I have found that if I remove Vonage from my NoScript whitelist I can still get the original secure login page to appear, but then I have to temporarily allow JavaScript for Vonage after I get logged in before anything really works inside the management site, and that is a PITA.

I strongly suspect when the "new improved" cell phone style is applied to the rest of the site, I will find similar "upgrades" that are actually downgrades.