share rss forum feed

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4
reply to eweazel

Re: Ontaro Labour Law question

Well, signing it is irrelevant. So long as he tells his employer he refuses to work a stat holiday 48 hours prior, it's fair game. Email is good for this kind of stuff. If he has proof he told them 48 hours prior the employer has no recourse even if they schedule him. To quote what the MOL told me, "just don't show up, and call us after if it's an issue."

If it were me, I probably would have crossed it out and initialled it, but it really makes no difference in practice.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
kudos:2
Reviews:
·VMedia
Regs or no regs, any company that abuses it's workers, will find a way to get rid of people. Before I jumped ship at the Shack, they had reduced my hours to under 24, it was a sure sign they were after me. Top salesperson in the country, but I wouldnt play their little games at one point they tried to make battery add on sales a condition of your employment. ( must sell a certain percentage of sales in batteries).
--
No, I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake.......