uniqs
batsona
Maryland
join:2004-04-17
Ellicott City, MD

batsona to cchhat01

to cchhat01

Re: WTF!!! Verizon cut me off!!!

A comedy of errors on Verizon's part. Ineptitude. Each rep tries & fails to deliver a happy customer. The ordering/billing system apparently runs the humans, not the other way around like it should be.

Its times like this that it seems Verizon's not capable of running/administering anything more complex than a bunch of phone switches, and a trillion cable-miles of copper. The old dog has failed to learn the new tricks.
McBane
join:2008-08-22
Wylie, TX

McBane

If they just hired a little more quality techs and paid them a little better for quality CSR retention I'm sure customer service would improve greatly. Right now they probably just literally bring in people off the street, put them in a week of training, and turn them loose on the phones.

The problem is a public company like Verizon only cares about profit and management owned by stock holders want to pay bottom dollar for customer service or it will eat their profit margin.

What they fail to realize is investing in customer care is also an investment in retaining customers, which Verizon admits is it's biggest problem and how they can't meet current penetration goals in existing markets.

Stock holders and their drone management only care about the quick buck dividends, not long term company solutions.

rebus9
join:2002-03-26
Tampa Bay

rebus9 to batsona

to batsona
said by batsona:

Its times like this that it seems Verizon's not capable of running/administering anything more complex than a bunch of phone switches, and a trillion cable-miles of copper. The old dog has failed to learn the new tricks.

At $DAYJOB, I interact with a lot of telecom folks.

The interesting thing about Verizon is that in general, their call center reps are among the worst I've dealt with. Conversely, Verizon's higher level engineers-- who most people never get to speak with-- are among the best I've dealt with.

It took 2 full months, from October until December, to get a cancellation of a single business phone line processed and a credit issued. Two months!!

Yet, working with their data network team on circuit turn-ups, I interact with some VERY clued people and it's no wonder their network works so well.

My (silly) theory is, Verizon spends so much money for top engineering talent who are hidden away in the NOCs, that there isn't enough left over to pay for "good" phone reps.