All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
Cloneman
join:2002-08-29
Montreal

Cloneman to DKS

to DKS

Re: Need emergency Internet options (for 10+ days)

said by DKS:

Tethering allowed? Bell/Virgin has usurious rates if they find you tethering. $15/mb was in my old contract.

it's a tablet plan. That's not supposed to tie you down to any specific device - how useless would that be?

Anyway, afaik, there's no such thing as tethering overages unless you're on some weird grandfathered unlimited plan.

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones

join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON

DKS

said by Cloneman:

said by DKS:

Tethering allowed? Bell/Virgin has usurious rates if they find you tethering. $15/mb was in my old contract.

it's a tablet plan. That's not supposed to tie you down to any specific device - how useless would that be?

Anyway, afaik, there's no such thing as tethering overages unless you're on some weird grandfathered unlimited plan.

It's not an overage but a flat penalty. Use data on tether on some plans and you pay through a bodily orifice. Ask.
Cloneman
join:2002-08-29
Montreal

Cloneman

I've never heard of anyone (recently) paying extra for tethering, unless they are using the wrong APN, tethering was explicitly blocked, or they had some unlimited plan that excluded tethering.

In any case, the practice is absolutely ridiculous and the carrier would most likely lose a grievance for it. You're already paying crazy data rates, why they would stop you from accumulating 10$/gb or more on your own dime with crazy overage... just doesn't make sense.