graniterock
Premium Member
join:2003-03-14
London, ON

graniterock to lugnut

Premium Member

to lugnut

Re: New Scam???

Just be happy walked away nicely. I had a water heater guy that was so aggressive even after I told him I was phoning the police if he didn't leave that he shouted through the closed door for a good 30 seconds before walking away. Apparently I was a horrible person because he was going to get in trouble with his boss for not being able to inspect my water heater.

I'm of the mind that no cold callers come into the house no matter what.

I used to report the duct cleaning telemarketers to the do not call list. I've seen that some have actually been fined. But now they just block their number when they call.

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

Davesnothere

Premium Member

said by graniterock:

....I'm of the mind that NO cold callers come into the house no matter what....

BINGO ! - THAT's it.

It wouldn't matter if I was NOT cooking supper with my glasses off.

And I should not have to put up a sign stating "No Peddlars' or such.

It's MY F-N place.

= = = = =

Besides, such a sign would garner about as much respect as the DNC list does from telemarketers.

Now if someone would only come up with a way for me to reach thru the phone line and wring THOSE necks, now THAT would warm the cockles of my heart !
AntonyLingo
join:2009-10-28
Toronto

AntonyLingo

The best was over the weekend where two young kids came to my door saying they were part of a basketball team for their school and they were looking to raise money for a tournament.

They had a few crumpled up papers with names, signatures and phone numbers that they tried to show me.

To main kid went into his pitch and I had to stop him. I told him a few things. 1) I don't keep money in the house and as a result could not give anything and 2) That if he was going door to door raising money for his basketball team then he should remove his Toronto Blue Jays jacket and at least show his school colours or jersey and 3) that the day they came to my door, school was not is session. It starts today (Jan 7). I never heard of a school having kids do door to door fund raising the day before school starts.

*door slam*