uniqs

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone to dirtyjeffer0

Premium Member

to dirtyjeffer0

Re: American prepaid cell plan while travelling in the US?

I can forward my Canadian number to the US number as we get free NA long distance, so it's not a big deal to "keep" my number while down there. Even if we didn't get US LD, I could forward it to a Dell voice number.

But yeah, I want data more than anything else. I've even pondered the idea of a more expensive US plan and a dual SIM adapter since I'm over in Buffalo often enough to almost make it work.

Juggernaut
Irreverent or irrelevant?
Premium Member
join:2006-09-05
Kelowna, BC

Juggernaut

Premium Member

Have you tried Rogers One Number yet?

dirtyjeffer0
Posers don't use avatars.
Premium Member
join:2002-02-21
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0 to Gone

Premium Member

to Gone
your plan is key...normally, forwarding your Fort Erie number to a Vegas number would mean that every call on your Rogers phone number would be long distance...since your plan includes US LD, that doesn't look like it will be an issue.

back in my days at Bell, we often had the people come in about "world phones" and often complained that Bell's phones weren't GSM and wouldn't work around the world...while true, the reality is, most people never use their phones "around the world" anyway (i am talking about consumers, not business people), and the ones who did, always complained about how ridiculously expensive it was...even for casual US users, i told them to simply purchase a prepaid phone when they were in the US, the contact (email, text, phone, whatever) the people they wanted to keep in touch with and provide the number to them.