spc
uniqs
TherapyChick
join:2003-09-19
Fayetteville, NC

TherapyChick to IowaCowboy

to IowaCowboy

Re: Thinking of getting a Wii U

How old are you or do you have young kids?

I'm sure some older folk do enjoy the Wii, but generally it's for kids. I have a 360 so maybe I'm biased, but as an adult I have no desire for the Wii games.

IowaCowboy
Lost in the Supermarket
Premium Member
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA

IowaCowboy

Premium Member

said by TherapyChick:

I'm sure some older folk do enjoy the Wii, but generally it's for kids. I have a 360 so maybe I'm biased, but as an adult I have no desire for the Wii games.

29 (will be 30 in October).

danawhitaker
Space...The Final Frontier
Premium Member
join:2002-03-02
Thorndale, ON

danawhitaker to TherapyChick

Premium Member

to TherapyChick
said by TherapyChick:

I'm 31, and I have both a 360 and a Wii U. It just depends on what kind of games you enjoy. I'll be the first to say that not everyone will enjoy the Wii U games. But I sort of bristle at the implied statement that you must be young (i.e. not an adult) or only have kids in order to want one. Sometimes I have more fun with it than my daughter does. I've actually found a lot of the Nintendo Land mini-games require a significant deal more patience than many young gamers would possess.
TherapyChick
join:2003-09-19
Fayetteville, NC

TherapyChick

said by danawhitaker:

said by TherapyChick:

I'm 31, and I have both a 360 and a Wii U. It just depends on what kind of games you enjoy. I'll be the first to say that not everyone will enjoy the Wii U games. But I sort of bristle at the implied statement that you must be young (i.e. not an adult) or only have kids in order to want one. Sometimes I have more fun with it than my daughter does. I've actually found a lot of the Nintendo Land mini-games require a significant deal more patience than many young gamers would possess.

I didn't mean it to be insulting, I have a few adult friends (30's) who enjoy it, but in *general*, and could just be my opinion, most of the games are geared towards younger folk, idk, I guess I'm just digging my hole deeper and it's probably just me.
88615298 (banned)
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

88615298 (banned) to IowaCowboy

to IowaCowboy
said by IowaCowboy:

29 (will be 30 in October).

So still a kid then.