uniqs
Zach
Premium Member
join:2006-11-26
Llano, CA

Zach to CylonRed

Premium Member

to CylonRed

Re: How to determine GPF of existing toilet?

Toto toilets are high quality and pricy. With a 2-1/8" trapway, there should be plenty of "bandwidth" for even the largest "downloads".

CylonRed
MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County

CylonRed

MVM

I did not notice it was a Toto.... Man - I just can't justify the cost. I have to replace one more toilet with a Cadet 3...
lutful
... of ideas
Premium Member
join:2005-06-16
Ottawa, ON

lutful to Cho Baka

Premium Member

to Cho Baka
said by Cho Baka:

I have a ~20 year old American Standard toilet that I suspect is not a thrifty unit.

In Canada, those were 13 Liter models - a standard value in those days. Converts to 13Lx.26G/L=3.38G

Cho Baka
MVM
join:2000-11-23
there

Cho Baka to CylonRed

MVM

to CylonRed
I gave it much thought before pulling the trigger.
Main points were:
- the house only has one toilet
- my previous place had poorly performing water saver toilets and I didn't want to get stuck with a lemon
- a decent amount of 'noise' on the web about American Standard units that shouldn't have slipped through QA
- 75$ rebate
rfnut
Premium Member
join:2002-04-27
Fisher, IL

1 recommendation

rfnut to Cho Baka

Premium Member

to Cho Baka
said by Cho Baka:

Pulled the trigger.
I installed it today, and was surprised at how straightforward installation was. This was my first toilet.

Much nicer than an outhouse, aint it.
Bob4
Account deleted
join:2012-07-22
New Jersey

Bob4 to Cho Baka

to Cho Baka
I had to use one of those higher toilets during a stay at a Ronald McDonald House. I don't like those toilets. I'd prefer one that was lower than normal.

CylonRed
MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County

1 recommendation

CylonRed to Cho Baka

MVM

to Cho Baka
It is odd- the Cadet we have is a 1.28 gal/flush and it seems noisy but outside of the bathroom - no one can hear it. It sounds loud in the bathroom but it does not seem to transmit past the inside. Even with the toilet literally next to the door.

dennismurphy
Put me on hold? I'll put YOU on hold
Premium Member
join:2002-11-19
Parsippany, NJ

dennismurphy to CylonRed

Premium Member

to CylonRed
said by CylonRed:

WE just got a Cadet 3 - need to get a second one to replace out older toilet - they are fantastic (the Cadet 3s)...

I prefer the Champion 4 for its extra flushing power (and height.) Having said that, the Cadet 3 is an excellent unit as well.

Cho Baka
MVM
join:2000-11-23
there

Cho Baka

MVM

One thing I should mention is that the Drake 2 is what they call a "Universal Height" toilet.

Definitely higher than the old one.

battleop
join:2005-09-28

battleop to shdesigns

to shdesigns
Divert the refill tube into another container and measure the amount of diverted water.

dcurrey
Premium Member
join:2004-06-29
Mason, OH

dcurrey to dennismurphy

Premium Member

to dennismurphy
said by dennismurphy:

I prefer the Champion 4 for its extra flushing power (and height.) Having said that, the Cadet 3 is an excellent unit as well.

+1 on the Champion 4. This was my first toilet replacement attempt. Only mistake was forgot to get a new supply line since the toilet is higher.

tmh
@verizon.net

tmh to Bob4

Anon

to Bob4
said by Bob4:

I have three toilets that are 28 years old, and there's no way I'm going to upgrade them.

Same here. It's the only one that won't stop up after an extended weekend of grilling and junk food. That's when your output start building a landmass above the waterline.

Significantly above the waterline.

jack b
Gone Fishing
MVM
join:2000-09-08
Cape Cod

1 edit

jack b to Raphion

MVM

to Raphion
never mind