[FP-Ops] So, You Want to be an OP?
Well we hope some folks might say yes??
As many of you know, ehansman has been a dedicated Foldy OP for some time, and has recently made a career move that required her to give up that position. ---> »[FP-Ops] Big News
alphapointe has *once again* stepped up in a big way and provided a new home for Foldy number 8 within his "blade farm".
That being accomplished, the FP Board would like to hear from any interested person who may like to become a new Foldy OP at this time. While Foldy 8 is no longer an issue, we feel it would be wise to fill the position ehansman held to maintain a suitable number of OPs. Sarah , our Treasurer, has noted there are sufficient funds available in our Treasury to purchase/assemble a new Blade, so the new OP wouldn't just be "waiting in the wings". We'll be putting you right to work!
Of course the new OP selection process comes with some "prerequisites" and those are as follows--
• First, you need to be a "Foldinator Project" Member. If you already are, then move on to the next step!! If not, well, that's easy. Check this FAQ entry: --> »DC Projects »What is a Foldinator Project member and how do I become one?
Along that line, we would prefer someone who has been here in Team Helix for about a year or so. Someone that we have "gotten to know" in other words. After all, you'll be entrusted with the donations of other members!
• Second, carefully read the following list of questions, and provide your answers in a post below.
Here are the questions:
1. What Operating Systems do you have experience running?
2. Are you experienced in building PCs? If so, please briefly describe your experiences.
3. How many blades are you interested in hosting?
4. Do you have Homeowners insurance that covers, or can cover, your Foldy? Do you agree to carry insurance sufficient to replace your Foldy if damaged while in your custody?
5. Do you have the physical space to host a Foldy? It should be a dry, cool location.
6. Do you have internet access (behind a firewall) for the Foldy?
7. Have you thought about electricity costs (for system and cooling)? You have to pay for the extra electricity cost.
8. Do you agree to work with the other Foldy operators on team projects; i.e., common Stats? This is important!
That's all there is to it! the FP Board will take it from there, and move the process along to a selection vote by the current members of the "FP" (Foldinator Project).
Have at it people!!!
alphapointeDon't Touch MePremium,MVMReviews:
·Socket Internet ..
If I may add something here, it seems some people are scared of Linux, and may shy away since most of our blades are *nix boxes. If you don't want to mess with Linux (even though some of us including myself are pretty versed at helping get things set up), there is nothing that says the OP can't choose a *shudder* Windows blade. I'm not versed in the task scheduler setup for reporting stats, but others around here are, so don't let the choice of OS stop you if you're interested. We'll make it work with either flavor.
"When the hammer drops, the bullshit stops"
OSIUWhere is my "change"?PremiumReviews:
·Armstrong Zoom ..
Having been one of the ones with very limited *nix exposure, I would encourage anyone considering this new endeavor to take the plunge and learn something new/mostly new. The other Ops are very friendly and willing to help. parkut has been instrumental in aiding me in my Ops adventures with *nix and F@h. Thank you parkut and the others that have helped me out over time!