Well we hope some folks might say yes??
As many of you know, ehansman
has been a dedicated Foldy OP for some time, and has recently made a career move that required her to give up that position. ---> »[FP-Ops] Big News
has *once again* stepped up in a big way and provided a new home for Foldy number 8 within his "blade farm".
That being accomplished, the FP Board would like to hear from any interested person who may like to become a new Foldy OP at this time. While Foldy 8 is no longer an issue, we feel it would be wise to fill the position ehansman
held to maintain a suitable number of OPs. Sarah
, our Treasurer, has noted there are sufficient funds available in our Treasury to purchase/assemble a new Blade, so the new OP wouldn't just be "waiting in the wings". We'll be putting you right to work!
Of course the new OP selection process comes with some "prerequisites" and those are as follows--
• First, you need to be a "Foldinator Project" Member. If you already are, then move on to the next step!! If not, well, that's easy. Check this FAQ entry: --> »DC Projects
»What is a Foldinator Project member and how do I become one?
Along that line, we would prefer someone who has been here in Team Helix for about a year or so. Someone that we have "gotten to know" in other words. After all, you'll be entrusted with the donations of other members!
• Second, carefully read the following list of questions, and provide your answers in a post below.
Here are the questions:
1. What Operating Systems do you have experience running?
2. Are you experienced in building PCs? If so, please briefly describe your experiences.
3. How many blades are you interested in hosting?
4. Do you have Homeowners insurance that covers, or can cover, your Foldy? Do you agree to carry insurance sufficient to replace your Foldy if damaged while in your custody?
5. Do you have the physical space to host a Foldy? It should be a dry, cool location.
6. Do you have internet access (behind a firewall) for the Foldy?
7. Have you thought about electricity costs (for system and cooling)? You have to pay for the extra electricity cost.
8. Do you agree to work with the other Foldy operators on team projects; i.e., common Stats? This is important!
That's all there is to it! the FP Board will take it from there, and move the process along to a selection vote by the current members of the "FP" (Foldinator Project).
Have at it people!!!