Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

mnorton_edm

join:2005-09-19
Grande Prairie, AB
reply to ichthys

Re: [AB] Youtube.com appears to be throttled

I have been noticing the same thing since about early December. I am not as convinced that it is throttling though. It could maybe be that the CDN server we're connecting to, or the route between Telus and the CDN POP, is overwhelmed. Anyway, whatever the cause, I definitely experience the exact same symptoms you've written about, and it's frustrating!

Out of curiosity, where is the other end of your tunnel? Somewhere far enough away that you'd connect to a different POP of the YouTube CDN?

One other thing I've noticed, that you didn't mention, is that it seems to happen mostly in the evenings. If I'm on in the morning, or super-duper late at night, I can usually watch 1080p with ease. Have you noticed this at all? Again this is something that could be throttling or could be CDN overload during peak times.

Tornado15550

join:2012-12-16
Canada
Reviews:
·TELUS
Actually, last night even at 3am I was having trouble playing YouTube videos. HD video playback is out of question. You need to wait half an hour for about 4 minutes of playback (No exaggeration here!).

I don't know what's up with this, but Telus better fix this. It's getting annoying.

ichthys

join:2006-06-20
Calgary, AB
reply to mnorton_edm
The endpoint of my tunneled connection is at a university in Ontario.

jtl999
CEO of Actiontec Dev Team

join:2012-11-24
In the GVRD
kudos:4
reply to Tornado15550
I have the same problems on Shaw.