join:2002-02-10
Columbia, MO
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Socket Internet ..

2 recommendations

reply to mattmag

Re: [FP-Ops] So, You Want to be an OP?

If I may add something here, it seems some people are scared of Linux, and may shy away since most of our blades are *nix boxes. If you don't want to mess with Linux (even though some of us including myself are pretty versed at helping get things set up), there is nothing that says the OP can't choose a *shudder* Windows blade. I'm not versed in the task scheduler setup for reporting stats, but others around here are, so don't let the choice of OS stop you if you're interested. We'll make it work with either flavor.
--
"When the hammer drops, the bullshit stops"

OSIU
Where is my "change"?
Premium
join:2003-11-12
Nowhere
Reviews:
·Armstrong Zoom ..
·Frontier Communi..

2 recommendations

Having been one of the ones with very limited *nix exposure, I would encourage anyone considering this new endeavor to take the plunge and learn something new/mostly new. The other Ops are very friendly and willing to help. parkut See Profile has been instrumental in aiding me in my Ops adventures with *nix and F@h. Thank you parkut See Profile and the others that have helped me out over time!

jaynick
lit up
Premium
join:2001-02-06
Sterling Heights, MI
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 recommendation

said by OSIU:

Having been one of the ones with very limited *nix exposure, I would encourage anyone considering this new endeavor to take the plunge and learn something new/mostly new. The other Ops are very friendly and willing to help. parkut See Profile has been instrumental in aiding me in my Ops adventures with *nix and F@h. Thank you parkut See Profile and the others that have helped me out over time!

Ditto here!