Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Gemstone
Premium
join:2000-12-20
Long Island

[FireFox] YAHOO toolbar on Firefox

I'm setting up a new laptop... Installed Mozilla Firefox and then installed YAHOO Messenger... I unchecked the YAHOO toolbar options when I installed Messenger but now Firefox has a toolbar with YAHOO stuff on it... How do I delete it?
--
Go Mark Martin!

MarkRH
Premium
join:2005-02-08
Oklahoma City, OK
Short of uninstalling Yahoo Messenger, I'd imagine clicking on Tools -> Add-Ons and disable and/or remove any extension or plug-in related to Yahoo.

I don't/won't use Yahoo messenger so I have no idea what should or shouldn't be there.

Gemstone
Premium
Long Island
said by MarkRH:

Short of uninstalling Yahoo Messenger, I'd imagine clicking on Tools -> Add-Ons and disable and/or remove any extension or plug-in related to Yahoo.

I don't/won't use Yahoo messenger so I have no idea what should or shouldn't be there.

When I click on add-ons Firefox sits there with a spinning circle loading add-ons... I waited a few minutes but it just kept loading... So I shut Firefox down... Does it take a long time to load the add-ons the 1st time?
--
Go Mark Martin!

Gemstone
Premium
Long Island
reply to MarkRH
Fixed... Firefox gave me the option of reverting back to default settings... I did that and the YAHOO stuff is gone...
--
Go Mark Martin!

Joey1973

@verizon.net
reply to Gemstone
Yes, the first time you go into Add-ons Manager you're at the 'Get Add-ons' tab--it's busy searching AMO and building a list of add-ons to display. Just click another tab (Extensions, Plugins, etc).